• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Post Op Haircut

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi

I am due to go for my HT next week and was thinking about post op haircuts. I plan to leave my hair long enough at the front to cover up any work but when everything heals, I will be thinking of getting it cut, say 1 month post op. I don't know whether to get the wife with the clippers on the longest setting, or to go to a hairderesser and just come clean. What are your thoughts?

Hope this snow goes by Sunday otherwise might have flight trouble- that would be a real p*sser!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

I would go to the hairdressers as your scar should be quite good by then,i went to a hairdressers i dont normally use.

I was lucky that no one was in and just said can you cut my hair leaving it long enough to conceal this scar.

She never really questioned me what the scar was from.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Firsty, forget your wife cutting your hair unless she's well trained, i've let a few of my ex's do my hair and i looked a right tit every time. I would go to a barber you have never been to before as you will never have to see the guy ever again if he does notice and ask. If your worried that people might be in the barbers when you get a cut, you could always get one of those mobile hairdressers to come to your house to cut it.

Shang

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I have always had my wife cut my hair only because it was convenient and in the past the barber/hairstylist always seem to cut too short even if I made mention of things.

I am at the point though where I am going to start venturing out again I think because I really believe that a stylist is going to do a much better job and therefore will only better your look.

NN