• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pre-Op Consultation Questions/Hairline Design

J

JamieS1992

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for my pre op discussion with my surgeon. The hairline design will be done then and naturalness is the most important thing to me. My hair loss is fairly minimal, 1400 grafts.

Is there any questions anyone can suggest I ask or things I state in my expectations before the surgery?

The only thing I can think of as to mention so far is to state I do not want any multi hair grafts in the front of the hairline giving that pluggy/teeth of a comb look as it's a spot a mile off.

Any other advice would be highly welcome

I've attached a photo from my original consultation and an extra one as the consultation one isn't the most clear of photos for the loss of hair, if that helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-065813_Outlook~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-065813_Outlook~2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200724_123438~2.jpg
    20200724_123438~2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 90
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
1400 grafts should fill the temple corners and strengthen your hairline.
Ask what density they will transplant at. Ask about hair loss medications and possible future loss.
Ask if your hairline will be staggered as opposed to a straight line.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Ask how the doctor plans to make the transition of the angle and direction from the hairline into the temple. The line they created terminates below the transition point of the temple as you can see the hair direction changing to go down the side of your face. If this is screwed up, your result will be a failure regardless of how well the grafts grow. Ask what angle the grafts will be placed in relation to the plane of your scalp and ask how the direction will change from your left temple to the right temple. Of course, if you don't know what the standard answers should be yourself, he could tell you anything and you would be none the wiser so maybe you should research this on your own before you continue.

J

JamieS1992

Thanks Joe. I've watched a lot of your videos and found a lot of the information you provide very helpful when I was first considering the procedure, thank you for the advice I appreciate it!