• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Prohairclinic - 1800 grafts final result - video

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
This patient came to us 3 years ago for an 1800 FUE graft session.

We only treated zone 1 and left the rest to finasteride (patient started right after his FUE procedure).

The FUE has given him more density in the frontal area, propecia really gave his native hairs a boost in the non transplanted areas.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/r11F7ETVpBU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi Bart,

really impressive result, i cannot see any density issues between the transplanted frontal 1/3 and the native hairs further back.

Bart what would be you protocol concerning diffuse thinners like this patient if they needed say 4500 FU would you be prepared to cover zone 1-3 in each treatment ? I.E say 2500 zones 1-2-3 then perhaps 12 months later do the same again, basically build up the density in 2 passes 12 months apart rather than say hit the frontal half in the first pass then second half of the balding area in second pass.

On average how many FU does a patient have in the bank? could a diffuse N/W 4-5 achieve a good result?

cheers SP

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Great result Bart. Very natural and some pretty decent density. Is it truly 1800 Fu or is that a misprint as it really looks like more given the fact that it looks like approx. 80cm2 was covered?

NN

S

scarred5

Valued member
very good for only 1800 grafts, a hairline that will look appropriate as he ages, a large area covered for that amount of grafts, hes got plenty more if he needs them later on for vertex and possibly crown,

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

NN,
Yeps, only 1800 grafts where used indeed. we do feel that finasteride also helped him in the frontal area, otherwise this kind of density is not possible with just 1800 grafts in such a large area.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

solar panel wrote:
Hi Bart,

really impressive result, i cannot see any density issues  between the  transplanted   frontal 1/3 and the  native hairs  further back.

Bart what would be you protocol concerning diffuse thinners like this patient if they  needed say 4500 FU would you be prepared to cover zone 1-3 in each treatment ? I.E say 2500  zones 1-2-3 then perhaps 12 months later do the same again, basically build up the density in 2 passes 12 months apart rather than say hit the frontal half in the first pass then  second half of the balding area in second pass.  

On average how many FU does a patient have in the bank? could a diffuse N/W 4-5 achieve a good result?

cheers SP
Hi SP,
First of all we believe strongly in finasteride, especially when it comes to diffuse thinners. Therefore we urge most of our patient to get on finasteride. BTW, We are soon to release another promising procedure to fight minituarisation.

FUE is not always the same
Our FUE protocol allows us to use instruments up to 0,8 mm inner diameter. Using smaller instruments makes it sometimes impossible to target the entire follice. Using larger instruments only produces unneeded skin damage and in some cases neigbouring follicles are transected.

Harvesting up to 30% is not a problem in most patients and no visible thinning is noted at even short hair cut.
When we go over 30% we do inform that patient about the donor area going to be looking thinner at short hair. Many patient prefer this road since it will still give them the option of very short hair in the future or the 'less is [email protected] look, impossible option using other techniques at current.
A lot of high NW level patient are in fact seeking to thin out the donor area. This makes sense since nw5 or higher type patients will never have high density transplantation. So rather than having a high density donor and low to medium recipient area, patient are looking for a more uniform density throughout the entire scalp.

Here is our estimation of FUE grafts harvesting at around 30%

Low donor density > 3000 to 4000
Normal donor density > 5000 to 6000
High donor density > 7000 to 8000

Of course these figures are averages and you will always find extreem cases on the upper and the lower limit.

Bart

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great.Very nice result for that many grafts.

The Fin has certainly helped him by the look of things.

Bart do you have any more pre op pictures with his hair similar length to his post op.

Thanks bm.

S

solar panel

Valued member
Bverotti wrote:
solar panel wrote:
Hi Bart,

really impressive result, i cannot see any density issues between the transplanted frontal 1/3 and the native hairs further back.

Bart what would be you protocol concerning diffuse thinners like this patient if they needed say 4500 FU would you be prepared to cover zone 1-3 in each treatment ? I.E say 2500 zones 1-2-3 then perhaps 12 months later do the same again, basically build up the density in 2 passes 12 months apart rather than say hit the frontal half in the first pass then second half of the balding area in second pass.

cheers SP
Hi SP,
First of all we believe strongly in finasteride, especially when it comes to diffuse thinners. Therefore we urge most of our patient to get on finasteride. BTW, We are soon to release another promising procedure to fight minituarisation.

FUE is not always the same
Our FUE protocol allows us to use instruments up to 0,8 mm inner diameter. Using smaller instruments makes it sometimes impossible to target the entire follice. Using larger instruments only produces unneeded skin damage and in some cases neigbouring follicles are transected.

Harvesting up to 30% is not a problem in most patients and no visible thinning is noted at even short hair cut.
When we go over 30% we do inform that patient about the donor area going to be looking thinner at short hair. Many patient prefer this road since it will still give them the option of very short hair in the future or the 'less is [email protected] look, impossible option using other techniques at current.
A lot of high NW level patient are in fact seeking to thin out the donor area. This makes sense since nw5 or higher type patients will never have high density transplantation. So rather than having a high density donor and low to medium recipient area, patient are looking for a more uniform density throughout the entire scalp.

Here is our estimation of FUE grafts harvesting at around 30%

Low donor density > 3000 to 4000
Normal donor density > 5000 to 6000
High donor density > 7000 to 8000

Of course these figures are averages and you will always find extreem cases on the upper and the lower limit.

Bart
Thanks Bart for the detailed response 30% makes sense, as i've mentioned i'm a diffuse thinner and know from experience buzzing down does indeed create the apperance of a full head of hair a "less is more approach " which is my goal.

If a average patient used up 5k FU how short do you think they could buzzcut there doner hair?

My loss is similar to this patients before pics do you think he could achieve a good , less is more result? and how many grafts would be needed ?

Cheers SP

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

here are some pics before and right after the treatment
I don't think his before hairlenght is much different from the hairlenght in the video

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bart.

I just like to see as many pictures as possible.

Still looks very good.

bm.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hi Bart,

Do you have pics of this patient with his transplanted hairs grown out? The video is great but it's it's nice to see both.