• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Propecia

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
In most of my posts about Propecia/Fin i've said that I dont get side effects. Now i'm not 100% sure that this is the case. Been on and of it for 10 years or so, but using regular for 6 or so years, cant be exactly sure.
Very recently, within the last few days i've been experiencing testiscle ache, in both testicles. Dont know if this is related or not. Also I Had a problem where after I finish urinating, I would get after dribble which is a real bore.

So basically i'm a bit worried about this, as i've read a lot of horror stories about Propecia, as far as i'm aware, these are the only possible side effects that I have, although I know that after dribble is a common problem among men anyway (according to the doctor and the panflet that they gave me, explaining this)

Comments/advice extremely welcome
smile.gif

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Testicle pain can be for numerous reasons,best advice is get your doctor to refer you for an ultrasound scan.

Cysts are very common in men and can cause lots of pain in the testicles.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I've got 2 cysts near the left one, all checked and are fine.

Do you take fin m8?

P

Pacman

Valued member
Hi Sparky

I have only started using Fin the past 2 months so i am an extreme novice.

It does sound unusual to develop sides so far down the road. Maybe the pain in your mebs is something else like an injury picked up unknowns to yourself and you may well recover in a few days. Personally some months back i injured myself in the most simplest of ways drying myself with a towel after showering. Afterwards i put down a very uncomfortable few days with that sickening feeling (Could hardly sleep at night) all from simply flicking myself with the towel.

If your concerned with After Dribble then i developed sides on that front well before taking meds so i should be more worried than you;).

I wouldnt worry about it instead monitor it over the next few days and i bet things will ease up for you.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Think my regular Dr is on maternity leave so a new Dr is gonna have to have a look, no male docs though, their fingers are 2 big for prostate checks! ouch

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I had checks done for the after dribble inc a probe being inserted into my knob, it was about the width of a pencil and maybe 2ft long, it really, really hurt!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes i take Proscar,i had pain in mt testicle,got an ultrasound scan and found out it was cysts on my tubes.

I asked if the Proscar caused this and was told it was highly unlikely.

They seem to have settled down now and dont cause much discomfort.

I was advised that if they start causing a problem they have to be surgically removed,the Cysts that is, not my crown jewels.

M

mars

Valued member
I dribble sometimes,did so this morning actually very annoying,sometimes rarely get a ball ache which passes in a min or two pre propecia,none in 6 months since starting propecia..are yours frequent and persistant?im 25 btw

P

Pacman

Valued member
Seems to me you defo have an injury of sorts.

I'm actually getting a pain talking about it

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Pacman wrote:
Seems to me you defo have an injury of sorts.

I'm actually getting a pain talking about it
Funny how it does that.

If its an injury I have no idea of how or when it happened.

Its only been the last day or 2 (the ache) i'm just 35.

Last edited:
P

Pacman

Valued member
You taking any Painkillers? 2 neurofen plus might sort you out?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Thought a few drinks would help, but its just made me feel queezy!

P

Pacman

Valued member
Testicle pain is the only problem beer cannot correct. In fact it's proven to be beers cryptonite!;;D

I suggest a few neurofen plus and a few days off the saddle!!

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
just necked a couple of ibuprofen's, no nurofen in the house, and they have the same active ingredients anyway.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Feel a bit better about it all now, but will still get the doc to have a look

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Wondering now if its some kind of water infection, and the pain isnt really in my balls. I know there is a definate ache where my bladder is, but not totally sure about my balls.
Have any of the other men on here ever had a water infection, because I read on the net thats its rare in men.

M

mars

Valued member
Sparky

When i was maybe 21 i got an ultra sound on my left side in from my hip on my spermatic cord to be precise,doc thought i mite have somrthing called a varricocele turned out i hadnt but i researched and it causes testical pain on the left side only,valves in the veins the drain the testical seem to fail and causes a back flow of blood,some varricolcele can be really small and only ultrrasound can detect them,long shot but you never know.