• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Question about donor area + Graft question

A

AlexCC

Hello all, I am posting this to understand just how big a FUE I may need and thus how many scars may be produced. I think my hairline has suffered from Traction Alopecia, as my right side of my hairline is uneven to my left. I’ve had this since I was very young and so likely got it genetically. How many grafts would I probably need likely and how noticeable are the scars if left to a expert, even with short hair which I like to have.

i am not too concerned and this isn’t a topic dragging down my confidence at all, just something I feel would help my hairline for certain hairstyles etc .
Here are the pics where I’ve added a line to show where a natural hairline should be. BTW my hair is thick and in great shape and not thinning, just annoyed by the weird shape of my natural hairline

Attachments

• 6830B526-DEF4-4FC6-8F35-82A95E83E5E6.jpeg
    6830B526-DEF4-4FC6-8F35-82A95E83E5E6.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 107
  • E69725B0-6E0F-4CE7-9A9D-5FB17BB0E97B.jpeg
    E69725B0-6E0F-4CE7-9A9D-5FB17BB0E97B.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 103
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex, how old are you?
Looking at your pictures I`d guess you need between 500 and 800 grafts if you`re only doing the right side.
As for scarring, it will depend on a few factors. FUE punch size, the skill of the person doing the extractions, your skin type and your healing capabilities.
You say you suffered from Traction Alopecia. Did you use to tie your hair back tightly?

A

AlexCC

Hi
Very Almost 19! I know the optimum age is higher but this is a small procedure. As for Traction Alopecia I didn’t tie my hair back but my father drowned my hair with gel and other hair products. However, I think from the photos, I had the “Gap” in my hairline from genetics at birth, reinforced by how I have wispy hair near the gap.
Also, how I’d like to know more about the donor area please. I have a double crown so one side of my hair is always very thick no matter how shortly cut and I feel that if extracted in the right area the scars won’t be as noticeable (also helped by my thick, close together hair). I could also get a fade cut to help hide the scars if hair is taken higher I think?
Finally, how much would a transplant of 500-800 graft cost roughly in £ at a good clinic ?

Thanks for helping me and others btw going through tricky situations like this

Attachments

• E91BA867-202E-4B6D-A933-C14C6C303F5C.jpeg
    E91BA867-202E-4B6D-A933-C14C6C303F5C.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 135
Hi @AlexCC. Hair loss, at least male pattern baldness is progressive. From your images it appears you have a very strong adolescent hairline, certainly fitting for your age. You may notice changes over the next few years to your hairline and hair texture. This is a natural part of the hair characteristics changing and maturing. This does not automatically mean genetic hair loss has started though. Before contemplating any permanent hair restoration it would be prudent to give it a few years more as your hair will naturally change anyway. Adding hair to an already low and strong hairline is better suited when more long term planning can be made.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex.
Prices range from 3 to 5 pounds a graft on average in the UK.
Aged 19 you are very young and having a hair transplant is risky as pointed out by the HairDr. You may lose more hair in the coming years.
I don`t think the Gel will have been the cause of any hair loss like you say, it`s probably genetics with your hair growing like this from birth. Lots of people have uneven natural hairlines.