• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Receding hairline or normal mature hairline?

hldk

hldk

Hello! Since I just got a haircut with very short hair on the sides, I've noticed that my hair line might be receding a bit. I had similar concerns a couple years ago, when I also had short hair, but I do not have photos to see, if it has gotten worse. Do you think my hair line is receding and that I should try to do something about it?

Thanks.

20231030_085334.jpg

20231101_222110.jpg

ninaross

ninaross

I understand your concern about your hairline. Below I have mentioned some general advice and resources to help you decide what to do next.
Here are some things to consider:
  • It's normal for hairlines to mature: A mature hairline recedes slightly compared to a child's hairline. This doesn't necessarily indicate balding.
  • Short hairstyles can make a hairline appear more prominent. When hair is longer, it can camouflage a slightly receding hairline. Shorter styles expose the hairline more, making it seem more noticeable.
Here are some suggestions for what you can do:
  • Schedule a consultation with a dermatologist: They can examine your scalp, assess your hair loss pattern, and determine if it's receding or a mature hairline.
  • Look for signs of male pattern baldness: This is the most common type of hair loss in men. It typically starts with a receding hairline at the temples in a "M" shape.
  • Consider lifestyle changes: While not guaranteed to stop hair loss, maintaining a healthy diet, managing stress, and getting enough sleep can contribute to overall hair health.

S

Salazar

Valued member
Do you think my hair line is receding and that I should try to do something about it?
Your hairline looks fine to me. Whether you want to start treatment or not, is entirely your call. If it gets worse or is bothering you, you could consider finasteride. But, as I said, it looks fine to me. All the best.