• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

recommended uk clinic?

• Thread starter folliclediabolical
  • Start date
F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Hi Guy's,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good clinic/surgeon in the uk,as im finding it hard getting any info on them.(they ALL claim to be the leading clinincs in the uk/europe)

thanks!

J

Jojje

Valued member
ehm i dont think uk have the leading HT surgeons.. much bad work done over there.. i would go to belgium they have some good clinics .. or usa.
Armani used to have allot of good results, but now even going to him is a gamble i would say greate results would prob be 50% at armani, and he does use allot of grafts when he works on people

H

hair-raiser

Valued member
Hi

After a fair amount of research and asking around on various forums I was recommended the BHR clinic in Brussels

I've recently had 1500 FUE 3.5 months ago so still too early to personally comment on results but many others have posted excellent growth on various discussion boards and I can personally recommend them for their professionalism and welcoming friendly manner.

I heard too many negative comments on British clinics to risk using any of them. Brussels is easily accessible by Eurostar which can be booked cheaply if done well in advance

Regards

HR

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Guy's,thanks very much for the replys.

There's another forum who recommend the 'farjo medical centre' in manchetser uk,run by dr bessam farjo.Has anyone had any experience with these guys?,they are a family run practice which sounds better.

Can anyone else recommend the BHR clinic in brussels too?,cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
balody

balody

Valued member
hi mate,i had two satisfactory surgeries with the farjo's.you are right they are a husband and wife practice with several long time techs and of course mick who is the patient coordinator.

my blog is on the other forum(if we are thinking of the same one)take a look.:)

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
cheers balody.I can see this is going to be a long rocky road deciding on a clinic :).A small handfull of people seem to have had good results in manchester,while a lot of other forum poster's suggest avoiding the clinic.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Morehairplease

What is your level of hairloss,are you on any meds and what are you wanting to achieve.

Also have you any pictures you can post.

Also regarding the Farjo clinic,you are best to contact them directly as i`ve spoken to Mick there a few times and he`d be only too willing to put you in touch with some of their patients which you can hopefully meet.

Regards bm.

Spex

Dr Farjo's are producing consitent solid work and it would be well worth you meeting them in person for a consult and getting a feel for them based on your own personal requirements:::C

There are also a number of other good clinics in Europe , the majority being based in Brussels so you could do a road trip and see a few for in person consults too. Bisanga, [size=2 PT]Feriduni [/size], Mwamba, Deveroye and also look into HDC who are based in Cyprus.

All the very best with your research as research is key.:::C

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
Morehairplease

What is your level of hairloss,are you on any meds and what are you wanting to achieve.

Also have you any pictures you can post.

Also regarding the Farjo clinic,you are best to contact them directly as i`ve spoken to Mick there a few times and he`d be only too willing to put you in touch with some of their patients which you can hopefully meet.

Regards bm.

Hi BM,

Im probably a around a norwood 3,with a nice big bald spot appearing at the crown like some kind of monk! (feel like an alchoholic coming out for the first time!)

Im not on any meds as yet but have tried procerin.I found the scalp solution impossible for anyone who actually comes in contact with people during their work,it just leaves the hair wet and very greasy and looking like your trying to stop yourself going bald.

I dont have any pics to post just yet,im 30 though.

Im still researching but will give the manchester clinic a call to discuss things further,thanks.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me,give my regards to Mick if you see him.

Also let us know what you eventually decide and hopefully you`ll share your story/pictures on here to help others in their research.

Thanks bm.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Throwing in my 2 cents...

I would research as many clinics as possible and make your choice by results and not location...

Keep us updated on your research

All the best

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
i agree entirely with timuk, take your time view as many online results as possible and research as many different clinics/doctors as possible then make a decision YOUR happy with :)
good luck bn

S

smew4

i love orange tango
Doctor Rogers has impressive patient results on this very forum,my buddy went to him three years ago,he is happy with the work as it has enabled him to have a life.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Having taken a right kicking from UK Drs, I wouldnt touch any of them now.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Thanks for the advice chaps.

Just to update you,im looking at having a strip procedure in october/november,more than likely in belgium.Im still researching and wondering if im doing the right thing but have pretty much made up my mind as i always said i would do something about my hair loss when it got to the point of bothering me!.Ill keep you updated.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
do fue if you can, I know it costs more, but I would do almost anything to make my scar dissapear

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Im looking at around 3500 grafts in 1 session and due to my work i cannot shave down for it so unfortunately FUE isnt an option for me.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
thats the way I thought about it, but I do regret it now omg.
I understand your position though, and when I did it there was no fue :(

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
how long post op are you? and how long is your hair if you dont mind me asking?

mine's never less than 1" at the back and sides and if i ever go down to the wood ill just say i was set apon by a very large group of teenage girls.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I'm 7 years post op now, but I'm going to dr Bisanga in October to get my scar fue'd, then I'm going back in Feb next year to get my hairline refined as the hairs that I had put there by bad UK docs are mis-angled. (some of these will be fue'd out on the first surgery and put into the scar)

I dont have any pitting on my hairline, if the angles were good I'd keep them where they are and add more density.

My hair is prob just over an inch at the back and you cant see the scar, but when I clippered it to 23mm it was slightly visible. If you go to a good doc you should be able to go lower than that, but I want the ability to go to 10-15mm now and cant do that with a scar on my head.

My scar isnt good, I had a bad doc and it was done 7 years ago, things have got better since then.

My scar is like an emotional reminder of bad surgery, and I dont want it anymore.