• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Reconstructive hair surgery on a 11-year-old burn victim – 3055 FU in 2 procedures

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
In May 2005, a then 6-year-old boy visited my clinic together with his parents. The boy had a burning wound on the left side of his scalp (left temporal occipital),in grade II and III. This burning injury was a consequence of an accident with Fondue oil during the end of year celebrations in 2004.

Because their health insurance refused to cover the costs of a possible surgery, he became one of our first Foundation cases.

Treatment plan of the two-step surgical procedure :

-The first surgical procedure involves a scar reduction to reduce the extent of the scar surface and a Follicular Unit Transplantation with a minor density of 10-20 FU/cm2 in order to improve the blood supply and vascularisation in the scar tissue.
-The object of the second surgical procedure is to reconstruct the left temporal angle, to increase the overall density (scalp growth) and to optimize the final result.

Performed procedures:

-The first surgical procedure was performed in July 2005 and carried out in intubation narcosis. A scar reduction was executed and subsequently we performed a Follicular Unit Transplantation with 1123 follicular unit grafts.
-The second surgical procedure was performed in April 2009 and carried out under local anesthesia. A Follicular Unit Transplantation with again 1932 follicular unit grafts was successfully executed.

It is always nice to see that patients feel great after their hair transplant surgery but in this case it was a unique and pleasing experience to be able to help this young boy on his way to live a carefree childhood.

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

T.C

T.C

Great reconstruction Dr Feriduni,the density matches the surrounding hair.His future is brighter as a result of this. Was the reason for leaving 4 years between surgeries to allow further healing of scars?.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Nice repair, also nice that his left temple will never recede, I'd be well annoyed with whoever did this to him.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great work Dr Feriduni.

This youngster can lead a normal life now.

Is your foundation work a free surgery offered to patients with special circumstances like this youngster.

Thanks bm.

N

NW5a

Valued member
This is great work !!!!

Well done, Dr.Feriduni. I think there is max. growth on the scar.

M

m7_kas

if it is possible to operate on this child why is it that youngsters like me are getting rejected for transplants??

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Top result. Maybe he can get over the ordeal now.

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
Thanks TC, Sparky, Bigmac, NWa5 and chang for those compliments. We ´re offering once a month an operation free of any charges for those kind of burn, accident, war etc. victims. Unfortunatelly we are allready booked till Januar 2011 for those pro bono cases. We ´re doing this allready since 2005. And the whole team enjoy this reconstructive work a lot! In general we keep those cases "private". But we did some more very nice reconstructions. I will publish some more in the future. UK-18 please check your private mail. For further info you can have also a look on my website "foundation".

Last edited:
H

HairHunter

Valued member
Great to see clinics like Dr. Feriduni helping people in these situations. I know BHR has done something similar in the past with HT victims. Its a pitty some more clinics don't follow their lead.

S

Scarred UP

Poor little thing but what a phenomenal gesture of kindness from the clinc and an amazing result for the little guy.

MrPierre

MrPierre

Poor little guy! Well done Dr. Feriduni for helping him. Great improvement!

V

Viking

This must have been so rewarding for the clinic and life changing for that poor little lad.