• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

reduced dose of fin or saw palmetto?

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
HI,

Ive been taking fin and minoxidill for over a year now without any problems really,however,over the last couple of months ive started getting an achy testicle.ive been to my docs and been checked out so im thinking ts possibly the fin.

Is it worth dropping the 1/5th a day to 1/5th every other day instead?,or changing over to a natural remedy like saw palmetto?,thanks for any advice.

T.C

T.C

I had same side from 1 mg a day so researched a bit and came to the conclusion that fin works in small dose and the biggest dose I can take without sides is 0.5 mg every 2 days and and after 20 months i can say it works well.infact doses of 0.2 mg are effective according to studies out there.Give it a go before ditching as it is the best treatment currently available.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
cheers t.c,yes i defo dont want to throw in the towel just yet as i think the fin/minox combo has been helping me keep what ive got.

T.C

T.C

Yeah give it a go as it is a strong drug and the aching on 1mg a day was for me unbearable after 14 days of it. occasionally still get a slight dull ache on reduced dose but its fleeting,not often and doesnt bother me much.

M

mars

Valued member
I think its a good idea to start of with a small dose because you never know a person could respond to .25 ed or eod,i take .25mg ed and no sides,as far as results go im using it to protect not regrow so only time will tell if its working,am on it 5months.

.5mg eod i read is something like 80% as effective as 1mg ed so .25mg ed should have a good result,in theory anyway.

When you mention ball aches are these frequent persistent aches?i sometimes get a random ball ache for no reason got it maybe twice this yr for a min or so both times pre finastride

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Mine lasts a few hours and its always the same nut aching.i seem to get it at least every few days.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
T.C did you try 0.5mg every day before dropping to 0.25mg?

T.C

T.C

I had a few weeks break after first trying 1mg and when I was feeling normal I played with the dose over the next month with .5mg every day but still got ache and ended up with the .5 mg eod which luckily I can handle.Didnt try .25 as bit tricky cutting into 4 bits without crumbling the pill.