• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

repair to a botched hairline :)

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Hey people , just returned from my HT repair with Dr feller.. As some of you know i had some work done at the norton clinic 3 years ago , i was supposed to have recieved 500 grafts into my temple areas by FUE .The hairline was put in way too low and thin with 2s and 3s size hairs which when grown looked way to thick in size and very gappy as Dr feller thinks i maybe got 300 at most.. Ive had around 1800 - 2000 ish single grafts placed into my frontal hairline and also had my widow peaks rebuilt , so itll take me back to my hairline when i was 20
smile.gif
.. I was lucky that i have fairly thick hair still and my donor hair is plentyfull , and the fact im now 34 was the reason Dr feller allowed me to have the extreme hairline as he had said he might have been worried about the grafts being used with the chance of further receeding.. in my case i was lucky. I am really happy with the work Dr feller and the girls have done for me, and now i just have to sit back and wait for my grafts to sprout.. I actually did alot of research after my 1st HT .. there were 3 clinic's i was in contact with to find out if i could have the work done in the UK , but 500 more grafts was all i was recommended and i dont think it would have been enough to make a difference , I can still see areas where the punch was used on my old grafts , but Dr fellers new grafts have no scaring as he used small slits instead of the hammer and chistle used on my 1st HT , even now only 3 days after my opp my scalp looks smooth and even. He also removed the scar tissue left behind by my 1st HT when he removed the strip so that was a bonus .
The travel to NY for a HT was a walk in the park also . i was a bit concerned about the return journey back with having my scaring on show , but i didnt get asked once to take my cap off , and even if i had no one would have looked anyway so im pleased i decided to travel and get a genuine HT with the amount of grafts i paid for , as we all know how much of a mine field the industry is.. I will keep taking pictures and keep you lot updated
smile.gif

Sorry its a copy and paste from another web site .,.. most of you have probably read it .. I'll keep you lot updated with pictures , ive asked BM via E-mail if he can help , staples out on sunday .. thank god .. take care :)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Patchyp,glad it all went smoothly for you.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and following your progress.

We`ll have that beer soon.

Cheers bm

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Here are some of my pictures

pre op

Attachments

• 1-41.jpg
    1-41.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,068
P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Imm post op

Attachments

• file000-1.jpg
    file000-1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 11,812
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Looks great Patchyp. Will be great to follow your progress. Keep us updated.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Patchy

Work looks great,be great to see some more pictures and maybe your donor area.

Do you know how many grafts in total there were before they were split to make all ones.

Cheers bm.

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Here is a picture of my donor area taken 3 days ago.

Attachments

• hair 011.JPG
    hair 011.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 5,974
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey patchyp your original hair looks very strong and solid. With this ht you should get a nice result. As janna,bigmac and the guys said it would be great to follow your progress on here welcome mate and thanks for posting all the best pal.
ps are you on meds?

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Thx for all the comment and support people :) . Get my staples out today and i cant wait , i ve had a lot of sleepless nights tossing and turning .But no pain no gain so they say lol ... Hey bullit , ive been on proscar for about 14 years and was using regain on my frontal areas until about 2 years ago , I ran out of my supply of regain and waited about 6 months before using it again ..When i started using it again i had a crazy shed for about 6 months , my head became realy itchy so i stopped using it all together...

bullitnut

bullitnut

Cool the meds seemed to be working dude, ive been using a curly travel pillow to sleep with as it stop my head rubbing on anything lol .
Anyway bro good luck with the staples pal you wont want to get out of bed tomorrow ha ha

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Patch,

The photos really don't demonstrate the old work so it is hard to acknowledge your title of "repair of botched hairline." I guess we will just have to take your word for it.

The new work looks very stellar and will make a hell of a difference. You are going to essentially look like you did prior to any hairloss. Lucky bastard. Keep us posted on how it all goes. The next few months will certainly be an emotional rollercoaster but its all worth it.

NN

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Ive sent BM my before hairline and i know people have far worse hairloss than me , i had the areas filled but the hairs planted were way to thick in size , and not enough density,, It never looked right , was just as well my natural hair covered.. Im a minor case , but i payed 3k for the surgery and was never right so i feel it is a bothced hairline

P

PATCHYP

Valued member
Here is the hairline after my Norton surgery and pre op Dr Feller

Attachments

• tony 173.jpg
    tony 173.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,996
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Patch--that photo certainly does demonstrate a botched hairline. I now understand what you are talking about.

NN

bullitnut

bullitnut

WOW its plain to see norton havent improved over the years.
Nevertheless at least your on your road to recovery which is a cool thing

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You can see the low density in the hairline and i understand why you wanted it repaired as it did not match your native hair one bit.

The donor closure/should be near invisible in a few months,i bet you`re glad to have those staples out now.

Take care.

bm.

G

Hey patchyp

The previous work, was it FUE or strip? either way its not good! ~'') who did it?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
BB

It was fue as stated in his opening post.I`ve looked at your email registration and have temporarily removed your posting privilidges due to this.

As you are posting from a mobile/cell phone and not a valid static IP you will need to email a contact tel number to confirm you`re legitimate.

My email [email protected]

This is a measure i have to resort to due to previous attemps at malicious postings on this forum.

I trust you will understand.

I look forward to your email.

Thanks bm.