• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Robotic HT

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I've been reading about the latest developments in hair cloning & HT's this morning and stumbled upon an invention that amused me somewhat, so I thought I would share, I don €™t think it €™s a wind-up as it €™s in a peer reviewed journal. An abstract from the journal is below, basically Robocop might be performing a HT near you very soon. Rather you than me.

While Scott was being prepped for surgery, Dr. Harris took me into his office to show me a photo of the $25 million speed surgeon (the actual machine was locked in a storage closet a few floors above us). At about six feet tall with a fixed base and a mechanical arm with multiple joints, it resembles one of those space-age automatons you might see on a vehicle assembly line at a Toyota plant. Dr. Harris has already tested it on a couple of willing volunteers (with no alarming mishaps) and is preparing to apply for FDA approval under the name Restoration Robotics. "We think the robot might be able to extract a thousand grafts an hour," says Dr. Harris. "That's more than triple what can be done by hand. This will broaden the market so that more people can afford the procedure. There may be a time soon when hair-transplant surgery will be available to everyone €.

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Shang wrote:
I've been reading about the latest developments in hair cloning & HT's this morning and stubbed upon an invention that amused me somewhat, so I thought I would share, I don €™t think it €™s a wind-up as it €™s in a peer reviewed journal. An abstract from the journal is below, basically Robocop might be performing a HT near you very soon. Rather you than me.

While Scott was being prepped for surgery, Dr. Harris took me into his office to show me a photo of the $25 million speed surgeon (the actual machine was locked in a storage closet a few floors above us). At about six feet tall with a fixed base and a mechanical arm with multiple joints, it resembles one of those space-age automatons you might see on a vehicle assembly line at a Toyota plant. Dr. Harris has already tested it on a couple of willing volunteers (with no alarming mishaps) and is preparing to apply for FDA approval under the name Restoration Robotics. "We think the robot might be able to extract a thousand grafts an hour," says Dr. Harris. "That's more than triple what can be done by hand. This will broaden the market so that more people can afford the procedure. There may be a time soon when hair-transplant surgery will be available to everyone €.
At $25 million it might take a few HT's to pay for it so how is this going to lower cost of HT's?? Comical thing.

NN