• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scabbing/shedding post 7 days FUE

K

Kelvino1987

I’ve just come up to day 7 post FUE and had my first wash with shampoos provided by the clinic. Got slightly panicked when I saw some hair come out with some of the scabs that came off. Think I thought the grafts were coming out along with scabs. I spoke to the clinic and they said it’s nothing to worry about and completely normal. The clinic have actually been brilliant from start to finish and always answer any questions I have, cannot fault them. But I just wanted to see if anybody else has had this happen? Think I’m just over thinking it.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I was exactly the same as you when it happened to me. The clinic assured me just like you, I even done some research on it and apparently the part that grows the new hair should be will implanted and connected to its blood supply by day 5 anyway. So all should be good but I can see why people panic

K

Kelvino1987

I was exactly the same as you when it happened to me. The clinic assured me just like you, I even done some research on it and apparently the part that grows the new hair should be will implanted and connected to its blood supply by day 5 anyway. So all should be good but I can see why people panic
Thank you for your reply and reassurance with this. I think I knew I was over thinking it a bit!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
After 4 days your grafts are secure. Hairs that fall out after this is just normal shedding. All part of the process.

J

Jamie

Interesting and informative, got this to come in few days time and will be that bit more ready for it.

K

Kelvino1987

After 4 days your grafts are secure. Hairs that fall out after this is just normal shedding. All part of the pr
. I also wanted to ask, is it normal for the hair growth to look patchy even after just a week since the procedure? It kinda looks like 1 side of my temples has more density/more grafts added, but I’m not sure if it’s just purely due to shedding.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
. I also wanted to ask, is it normal for the hair growth to look patchy even after just a week since the procedure? It kinda looks like 1 side of my temples has more density/more grafts added, but I’m not sure if it’s just purely due to shedding.
I’m the same as you on this, when I look in the mirror my left side seems less patchy than my right, but again I’m putting this is down to shedding. Hopefully someone Can confirm?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Without immediate post op pictures, it`s hard to judge. One side or area can shed more than the other making it appear unequal. You may notice you have more scabs in a certain area, this is all quite normal during the shedding stages.

K

Kelvino1987

Without immediate post op pictures, it`s hard to judge. One side or area can shed more than the other making it appear unequal. You may notice you have more scabs in a certain area, this is all quite normal during the shedding stages.
Attached one here for you. The top isn’t immediately after - it’s a day or two after the op. The middle is coming up to a week before my first wash. And the bottom is today. I’m on day 12 currently. As you can see on the left side, it’s very patchy, whereas my right side is slightly patchy but not really noticeable. I do feel it is shedding, but I guess I expected the shedding to begin a bit later on and not so soon, as well as both sides to look a bit more equal.

Attachments