• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

scalp laxity and strip

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Hi Guy's,

Im looking at having a strip procedure done in january to thicken my crown and frontal region.(i cant chave down due to work so FUE isnt really an option).Im a little concerned as to wether my scalp laxity may be a problem perhaps for the strip closure.My scalp feels pretty tight,if i place my fingers at the back of my head or the crown area,i can only move around 5mm in any direction.If i try and pich between finger and thumb in any area,again its about 5mm but still tight.I have started doing laxity excercises,but any opinions would be appreciated,thanks.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Meeting clients at work.Ive had really short hair before and it really doesnt suit me anyway,so a shaved head would make me look mental i think.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.

Have you any pictures to share with us.

When i had FUT with SMG i was able to conceal the donor strip easily with my hair.There are pictures of it in the patient section.At 10 days post op i was able to use concealer on my transplanted area with great effect.

Therefor if you decide a HT is for you i think you return to work without anyone knowing providing you aren`t shaven down.If you are having frontal hairline work,you may have some redness to contend with.

Take a look at Beardywierdys pictures as he was able to cover his hairline work quite easily.

Bm.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Thanks guys.
I cant stand looking at my thinning monk head so havnt been brave enought o take any pics as yet BM.My hairs about 2" long all over at least so im pretty sure that would cover the scar with my return to work.I was just a little concerned about a strip closure when my scalp feels this tight.