• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scar and HT

H

Hummingbird

Hi!..I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.
I had a temporal lift a few years ago and the scars at my temples have widened. I am self conscious about wearing my hair back. I've tried make up but that only works for a short time. I was wondering if a hair transplant would work over a scar?
Has anyone had this done?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds to me that fue may be your best option to fill in the scars.Have you got any pictures you can post so we can see exactly what it looks like.

bm.

H

Hummingbird

Thank you for the responses. I tried uploading a photo but I don't think I did it correctly. I'll try again later.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You can add pictures to your gallery by clicking the menu tab at top of page,then browse your pc to upload them.Any problems let me know.

Thanks bm.

Spex

Spex

If the scars are on or behind the hairline then FUE could defo help camoflauge the scars. Pics would help:::C

H

Hummingbird

Like I said , I'm new at this. It looks like my response wasn't sent along with my photo,:-(
What would be the best procedure for me and does anyone know what the cost would be for a procedure like this (approximately?)

Thanks in advance.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are both sides of your temples the same,ie scar.If i were you i would consult with a few docs who do fue and see what they recomend.

Which area are you from.

H

Hummingbird

Yes, both sides are the same and I'm from the MA/NH area. I will contact the Dr. who did the temporal lift and see if he knows anyone in the area.

Thanks for the reply.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If i were you i would consult with Drs True, Dorin, Feller and Bernstein as they are all in your area.Then you will get a good feel what can be achieved for you as they all offer fue.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Let us know how you get on if you decide to consult with the above doctors.

H

Hummingbird

I did a little research on the Dr's Names and found them to be in the NY Area. I was hoping to find a Dr. closer to the Boston Area or Southern NH area.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what the distance is for you but if not too far its well worth travelling there to get the opinions of these docs.

H

Hummingbird

It's at least a 5 hour drive :-(. I need someone no more than one hour away, but thank you!

M

Maytal

This should be a straight forward fix for a competent doctor, fue some nice fine hairs into those scars.