• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Scarred's Op with Dr. Bisanga

BHR Clinic

BHR Clinic

Valued member
Scarred5 has asked if we can open his thread, explain his case and post the pictures taken and then he will update with his personal thoughts and feelings.

As most of you have probably read Scarred has had something like 20 procedures and several scar revisions. His hair characteristics are salt and pepper with around 40-50-60 density of follicular units per cm2 dependent on the area of the scalp. We discussed at length the day before and the morning of the procedure what were Scarred €™s main concerns, where his priorities lay and what long term was realistic and achievable. Some was a reality check for Scarred but it was important that he understood what was available now and future.

The main areas of concern for scarred5 was his hair line, temple angles/connecting to the sides and the frontal 1/3. His scarring in the donor he has been treating so it was not priority for this procedure. The occipital area and generally the back of the scalp was not open to harvesting due to covering the existing scars in the area leaving only the sides available, so realistically with the limitations of surface area and density very little donor.

Dr. Bisanga shaved down the sides and felt that safely he could extract somewhere in the region of 300-400 grafts; the left side being careful to avoid the scar area already filled by grafts from a previous procedure. A strip was an option but Scarred (with some understanding) declined this at this stage. Dr. Bisanga assessed the shaved nape but felt the hair quality was just too fine and miniaturised to make them viable to use.

The final count was 448 scalp FUE and a smaller number of beard hair taken from the side burn to assess the regrowth quality. The graft breakdown of hairs per graft is

1 Hair 227, 2 Hair 209 and 3 Hair 12

The result was to treat the left and right temple angles and recession points, as well as the left side addressing directional problems; this would allow for better framing of his face and natural angles and directions of hairs in the hair line and temples that he has not got now and restrict any styling, having to camouflage.

Here is a selection of pictures of the day and Scarred will give his say on his visit with Dr. B; just to say it was a pleasure to meet him and hope we could help in any way possible to improve his situation and Scarred feeling happier.

PRE OP PICTURES

tn_IMG_6299.jpg

tn_IMG_6301.jpg

tn_IMG_6295-Copy.jpg

tn_IMG_6300.jpg

POST OP PLACEMENT

tn_IMG_6319.jpg

tn_IMG_6317.jpg

tn_IMG_6315.jpg

tn_IMG_6316.jpg

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Nice one Bhr,i reckon your going to be a happy man Scarred.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Great stuff couldnt be happier for you scarred i bet you are walking on cloud nine, thanks for posting bhr work looks awesome as always

S

scarred5

Valued member
this was very generous of dr bisanga, phil and the quality staff at bhr, unfortunately my donor has been depleted and what little is left is required to cover my scars, im glad they were able to give me an objective view on my situation, which should be a lesson to all who choose to opt for surgery, choose the best you will save time money and most of all heartache, dr bisangas extraction are by far the best ive had and ive had many, he took a few from my face which only one day later are near impossible to see, i may be able to use beard in the future as filler in behind the hairline, as my ultimate goal is to improve the front area of my head, as you can see im well on my way, i have realistic expectations about what can be achieved and dont expect super density, none of it would be possible without the kindness and generousity of bhr clinic, just one word of advice for my fellow repair recipients, bring a big fn lunch! seriously your in the best hands with people who will make your situation better not worse like your previous surgeries, this is why this contest was so competitive, this is the top clinic, all the best and i will update thanks again to the bisanga hair clinic, philb and stephonl and all the smoking hot techs!

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Scarred are you saying the portions of food are small in Belgium as this is a great deal of concern for me?;)

Last edited:
S

scarred5

Valued member
no im strictly talking variety, the only time i ate good was at the clinic and the first morning at the hotel they have a complimentary continental breakfast, missed it the second day cause i left early and walked to the midi, we should all pitch in and open a mcdonalds! make stephonl eat there toot suite!

B

bigd

Valued member
Hey scarred5, glad you got some work done. I know it's hard and never ending.. but one step at time is all any of us can do. I am unsure why they did not take a lot of beard for other areas, behind the hairline etc? You have had beard do so why the test on this? Makes no sense. One problem with all this, it never gets done, test and scars and ... well you know.

If the beard does alright you should be able to go back for a lot of beard. How much beard do you have left do you think?

Glad you experience there was good and got actual work done there. No one can ever understand all this, that has not been through it and the wait, the pain, the sadness of life going by while you wait to be normal or fixed.

Anyway, congrats to you and thanks to the clinic.. :))

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its good to hear that you`ve had a great experience at BHR.

Pictures look good,hopefully this will give you a nice cosmetic change and pave the way for more BHT once the growth rates are known.

Take care.

bm.

W

wylie

Valued member
Well, I for one never thought you looked that bad Scarred. In fact, in my present state I look worse than you do, at least without the concealer added. I do not have any scalp donor, I saw another doctor recently and he squandered all my remaining donor by scattering the few remaining throughout a sea of plugs. So the next phase is body hair.

As far as your session, they did what they could, your donor was very limited but I wouldnt worry much as fine hairline repair was all you needed done, you were the best off of all the three candidates I considered voting for (in my estimation, anyway).

A big thanks to BHR for their generous offer, its good publicity and its really just a good thing to do. I'd say this session will make a huge difference. I say that because a 2007 session of 500 grafts I had done (with yet another doctor, this one very proficient) yielded great camouflage to a pluggy hairline for me. It should for you as well

Last edited:
S

scarred5

Valued member
ive had beard hair from another doc/clinic not to long ago to fix some scarring with some benefit in the scar but the donor didnt heal optimally, i had alot of big pimples(ingrown hairs) so im alittle reluctant to try because i would have to go above the jawline, prior i was using biosil and felt it had a positve affect on my hair, so i would like to try and see what i can do myself first cause i dont have much beard hair left, so at this point its very precious and my donor is done, im confident in time ill be able to fix the front part of my head thanks

BHR Clinic

BHR Clinic

Valued member
Reasons we were cautious with the beard hair, and Scarred has said one. In no real order why

Beard was a little short around the side burns and the doc did not want to increase transection and waste hair.

The lower beard under the chin was almost all gone

Scarred had problems healing from previous op under the chin but as any scars are hidden and we wanted to test and make sure he healed well on the sides before taking a decent sum.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is great work from BHR and I would like to thank them for their generosity in this case. I believe that there certainly will be a pretty good cosmetic difference which should make for a happy boy. The work is great as usual.

NN

J

JJ09

¬b` BHR!

How many grafts did Dr Bisanga believe he could have extracted performing strip surgery and would this have been an improvement to the donor area?

Scarred5, I await your updates with great anticipation as I am in a very similar situation (if not worst).

Last edited:
S

scarred5

Valued member
hey jj, he wanted to do a small 5cm, incision on the side of my head above my pre-existing scarring, would have got bout 300 more precious fu's, im seriously questioning my decision at this point, but have to live with it, im healing amazingly fast, im amazed at how small both the incision and donor sites are, the best work ive seen, sorry to hear your in a similar predicament, how much donor do you think you have, as ive been told sometimes in our cases we must have priorities unfortunately, the virgin heads dont know how lucky they are to have the options they have at this point in time, all the best!

S

scarred5

Valued member
finally been able to get a decent pic,this is the second morning after my procedure, wasnt able to get a clear shot had to get the manual out as the camera is new,

003.jpg

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,655
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Looks bloody good ,really happy this has turned out to be a positive experience for you nice one..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for adding the additional pictures Scarred,your beard donor area looks thin.

bm.

J

JJ09

scarred5 wrote:
hey jj, he wanted to do a small 5cm, incision on the side of my head above my pre-existing scarring, would have got bout 300 more precious fu's, im seriously questioning my decision at this point, but have to live with it, im healing amazingly fast, im amazed at how small both the incision and donor sites are, the best work ive seen, sorry to hear your in a similar predicament, how much donor do you think you have, as ive been told sometimes in our cases we must have priorities unfortunately, the virgin heads dont know how lucky they are to have the options they have at this point in time, all the best!

Thanks scarred5

I too, am fearful of any more scars on my head.

My donor at the back is thin and my sides are good, however I have had too many procedures to mention here (I don €™t want to take over your thread) so I don €™t know where I €™m at as far as available donor. I believe beard hair will definitely be in order but I do have concerns.

I €™m glad to hear that you have had a great experience with BHR thus far (gives me hope).

Last edited:
S

scarred5

Valued member
hey bm wanted to post a pic today but was extra busy at work, also batteries may be an issue but hopefully later on today i can post some pics, im healing well, surprised that there is no redness in the grafted area and both beard and scalp donor looks good, i heal much better from a punch, if i get more than one pic ill sendem to you so you can postem 4me, thanks