• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Seneca Medical Group - FUE 3600

bartzof

bartzof

Hello everyone , I follow up on my first post in which I wanted information. (apologies before you start I'm french, english is not my native language)

As a reminder, I'm 26 and I have been losing my hair for 3 years quite gradually at the level of the vertex and my hairline.

1668100758-sans-titre.jpg

My hairline has receded significantly in recent years and notice only recently that my crown was terribly thinner. I have never tried any treatment other than alternatives such as supplements, serum and dermaroller (which works quite well in the long term).

I have therefore arrived in recent months to actively seek a serious clinic with positive feedback while being affordable. Wanting to stay in the EU, I quickly looked closer for a clinic in Greece. I already had a contact who had a transplant at SenecaMD in Athens.

Talking to former patients (about ten) I got very good feedback, whether for transplants done recently or 2-3 years ago to gain perspective on the results.
In October 2022 I got in touch with the clinic. We discussed for a long time by mail / phone on what was possible to do while remembering that I am very young.
An expertise was made to re-densify the vertex, and fill the front. My donor area being quite full, I was reassured before I arrived in Athens that I had enough grafts behind.

So I was offered to go on a transplant of about 3500 grafts to be done over 2 days with a PRP session.
We agreed on dates and confirmed for November 28 and 29, 2022 with Dr. George Gounnaris.

Sunday 27th November I landed in Athens (in the rain):LOL: , a taxi came to pick me up to drop me off at the hotel included in the package. This is a 2min walk from the clinic.

D-day

I arrived at the clinic, I'm not going to lie to you, we feel quite premium, they recently renovate their office, it's very clean and stylish.

image_6483441.JPG

They took pictures of my head from different angles. I met Dr. Gounnaris in person, with whom I discuss some time about my hair, family history, treatments... my young age (again haha). We then went up to begin the intervention. I met his 2 charming assistants. After having shaved my head he drew my frontal line. The doc is very patient, which I really like. It took him half an hour to do his drawing while explaining to me why etc... He makes me understand that he is not a fan of straight lines, and anyway me either, I never had a completely straight hairline.

Intervention

It is 9:30 a.m., we begin the extraction of grafts from the donor area, no pain felt. Everything is going very well the doc explains to me what he is doing, he reassures me and asks me every 10 minutes if I am ok. Around 11:30 a.m. extraction finished, it was time for a lunch break.

page0.JPG

We got back to work around 12:20 p.m. for the implantation on the frontal area, the doc gave me two big anesthesia in the forehead and begins. There is only doc Gounnaris on my head as a reminder, he manages everything! The implantation is going well, the anesthesia is helping a lot and I am quite relaxed. We will have finished the first day around 3:30 p.m. I go back to the hotel and continue to put the saline water every half hour.

page02.JPG

Here you can see when it was completely finished. Basically, the 2nd day of surgery was quite similar except that the doctor took grafts on the sides this time. During this second day we took care of re-densifying the middle part and the crown area. Finally I did the PRP to help healing.

At the end of these 2 days of interventions, 3627 grafts were implanted, with a large part on the frontal area. The doc told me that my donor area could still be requested later without any problem for a second transplant :giggle:

Donor area D+3

Clean

64546846.jpg

I wrote this post to you on D+7, I started to shampoo slowly, it doesn't itch too much for the moment and the scabs are quite thin. I'll make sure to post as it progresses. For now I'm good with what has been done, I have not been rushed at any time. The clinic is magnificent and the team is on a human scale, I was able to meet 3 patients over the 2 days and each had their own procedure room and private room for maximum privacy. A follow-up will be carried out and I already have the dates of our future interviews every months or so during the coming year (y)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bartzof. Everything sounds like your surgery went well. Your donor looks to be healing well at day 3. Was it 3600 grafts or hairs you had?
26 is young so you are a higher risk of losing more hair. Have you tried any of the hair loss meds before?

bartzof

bartzof

Yes 3627 grafts. I know, I'm quite young... I've never tried any treatments before but will proably start minoxidil shortly.

Seneca Medical Group

Seneca Medical Group

Valued member
Hi @bartzof,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We can't wait to see your final result!

Peggy

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks good. You’ve healed really well and I see no redness in the recipient area.

bartzof

bartzof

Update at 3 months

Attachments

• 06B344EC-6E79-4662-9BB0-66DE007BFCC0-17652-000003243321EDFF.jpg
    06B344EC-6E79-4662-9BB0-66DE007BFCC0-17652-000003243321EDFF.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 80DB657B-C6EF-4D30-962B-D519DF886CAD-17652-000003243627D155.jpg
    80DB657B-C6EF-4D30-962B-D519DF886CAD-17652-000003243627D155.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 155
  • B379D005-6CB5-40BC-A505-B987024842CC-17652-000003243908D5C8.jpg
    B379D005-6CB5-40BC-A505-B987024842CC-17652-000003243908D5C8.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 158
bartzof

bartzof

4th month update

It's starting to get thicker day by day, the ugly phase is over, can't wait to see the improvement.

I just started topical min+fin

B791DE50-62FA-4B59-AA40-DF8A8F9A1321.JPG
F915336C-FC07-4B69-A2FC-83B39B9BB4E1.JPG
5C825B59-D08F-4EF6-B28E-D3CC2CC5F68F.jpg

Last edited:
bartzof

bartzof

Looking good so far. I’m having a HT with Seneca in Glasgow this August!

Did you have any sides with min/fin?
Thanks so much. Hope you’ll share with us.

I don’t have any sides. I started min/fin at the beginning of April and it’s going well. I think I had a little shedding. Will see how it goes in a couple months :)

E

Edsarn

That’s great. I’ve been on and fin and min for years, but get side effects, even with topical fin. Am going to try topical dutasteride at some point.

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s looking good for 5 months. Your hairline is taking shape and framing your face nicely.

bartzof

bartzof

Hello there :)
I took some pictures at 6 months! I’m really happy on how things are going. The comparison is incredible, its just crazy how my frontline was dead before. Still waiting for more density, I keep using topical minox+fina since April. Had a little bit of shedding still now but can some baby hair growing.

IMG_0154.png
IMG_0155.png
IMG_0156.png
IMG_0157.jpg

E

Edsarn

Looking good for 6 months @bartzof. Really looking forward to seeing your 12 month pictures, as your hairline will start thickening up and you should get a very good result based on your progress so far.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That’s quite the change happening for 6 months. It should continue improving in the following months.
Thanks for the update.

bartzof

bartzof

IMG_1164.jpeg
IMG_1165.jpeg

IMG_1166.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpeg

Hello, here we are at 230 days so 7,5 months.
I decided to cut my own hair

Small visit to the hairdresser (me), I wanted to see if it was the white dots were obvious on the back of my head. No one noticed without me saying so.
I'm happy, it's following its course. I notice more density than last month. Still 4 months to reach the 1 year of the transplant.

I continue the topical minox/fina + serum and dietary supplement.