• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Shampoo, What Type Should I Use?

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member

I am very pleased to be able to introduce Dr. Krystallia Kyparissou.

Dr. Kyparissou is the medical director at BHR Athens. She is a leading dermatologist and hair transplant surgeon.

During consultation, we are often asked by both male and female patients, what kind of shampoo should I use? How often should I wash my hair?

With hundreds of different shampoos available on the market today, all making specific claims of what beneficial properties their product may contain to help the overall health of your hair and scalp, it is no wonder that there is so much confusion.

Different hair types demand different and specific ingredients/products. Whether you hair is fine and straight, thick and curly, if you may have an itchy or dry scalp, is you hair damaged? All of these factors play a part on what is the most appropriate shampoo for you to consider.

It is important to understand that there is no "one size fits all" approach in regards to hair health and also interestingly, our hair needs can change due to environmental influences such as the change in seasons, if you may colour your hair, any changes to your diet or changes on a hormonal level.

Dr. Kyparissou kindly provides answers to our questions in the following video.

We will also be posting a short video in the following days that will list the points discussed by Dr. Kyparissou, and list appropriate ingredients for each hair type that will be easy for you to reference back to.

Thanks.