• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Shedding & Shock Loss

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

IF one hasn't had any significant shedding of grafts or shock loss after surgery, then at what time frame is it safe to assume that phase has passed? I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op & haven't shed any significant amount of grafts, I'm sure I've shed some but not nearly as much as is normal at this point. I have had zero shock loss in both the recipient and donor areas. I know everyone thinks & hopes they'll be one of those rare, lucky exceptions and never shed the grafts ---and I do too! *nl---but I'm also wondering about shock loss. If I make it to week 6 w/zero shock loss is it safe to say I won't have any, or what's the general rule here? Does the same time line (whatever that might be) apply to the grafts shedding or not shedding?

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Hi NG2GB,
I've been wondering that too. I'm coming up for 6 weeks and I've lost most grafts but there's a few still there. Had a little shedding but not too bad so far. I think other posts by people more knowledgeable than me say shock loss can happen 2-3 months post op - I might be wrong though. Like you I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Spex

Spex

The grafts will more than likely still shed - thats the bad news..

The good news is that after 4/5 weeks in my experience you are getting out tof the "shockloss teritory" - If still experienced no shockloss in a couple more week i think its happy days - sweet! Don't hold me to it but its only looking good.