• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

smg patient after 3 surgeries recieving 5797 grafts

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
this was shown on another forum but i am putting it on here for the benefit of those who haven't already seen it.

it shows a gentleman who recieved three surgeries totalling 5797grafts

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/6Y6OY1pXIMk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dr. Ron Shapiro Patient

This patient's hair restoration began in December of 2005.

His first procedure produced: 2394 grafts - 4493 hairs

Second procedure: 1984 grafts - 4539 hairs

Next two pictures are before and after the first two surgeries

2surgeries.jpg

2surgeriesback.jpg

His third procedure he received: 1419 grafts - 3162 hairs

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

N

NW5a

Valued member
hi Janna,

this is an amazing result. I would love to get such a result. Did he take any medics ? How big was the area and how dense u set the grafts in the first part ?

Thx

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi NW5a,

I'm glad you made your way over to the new site.

Wow, it's really hard to estimate this patient's coverage. The last surgery isn't fully grown out yet. Dr. Shapiro's hairline tends to be 45-55 grafts/cm2. As the number of hairs per graft gets bigger as you move back, the graft per cm2 gets smaller, but more three and four hair grafts are used - perhaps 35-45/cm2?. The area covered was all through out (even the crown), but he had native hairs there to add to the density. This patient is on Propecia and Rogaine Foam. I think it's held onto his native hairs and more than likely re-grew some hairs too.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent result and it shows hairloss affects all ages.

Thanks for posting .

T.C

T.C

really impressive results.Sure he is pleased he took the time and money to get it done now.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is definitely one of the most impressive results that I have seen in all my time researching HT's. Just an absolutely insane result given the number of grafts.

NN

B

BAD LUCK

Good day i have read a great deal about smg spent the last year doing research. what can u do for repair patient's is there any hope ?. ISHRS does this mean anything or can there members just do unethical work and screw peoples lives up or do they look into complaint's.