• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

SMG Website

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member

Now I €™m not one to criticise, unless it €™s justified, and I don €™t know if this has been brought up before. However, regardless, I viewed the SMG website today for the first time and was expecting a vibrant and dynamic website, yet it €™s pretty dull, so what €™s the crack there? I know a website does not impact on the great HT results being produced by SMG. But I think tim burners-lee had a bit more in mind when he created the WWW even in the 90 €™s. Furthermore, I think an aesthetically pleasing website shows a sort of professionalism and if used wisely can be a great promotional tool.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They are working on a new website which is taking a while but promises to be great and do them justice.

Anyone researching should not decide on a website alone as i found out years ago.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I think I was just expecting some interesting and educational information as well as some high definition video's which featured some patient results. I concur that a patient should not decide on a clinic purly by their website as there are a lot of fictitious websites out there which attempt to lure potencial patients into making the worst decision of their lifes.

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
We are well aware our website is VERY outdated. Trust me, it's a sore subject as we've been trying like mad to encourage Dr. Ron to get the new site up. He promises this time that it'll be ready by beginning of March....but we've heard that before so I'll believe it when I actually see it up.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Look forward to seeing it, I must admit your looking youthful on the website though Janna.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Well, stand in line. I've been looking forward to it for over a year.

I should hope I look youthful. That was 13 years ago when I was just a young, innocent 16 yr old. :T:

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Oh finally someone else brought up the topic and I can take the dagger out of my back. I love to dig Janna about the website as I know that it is a sore spot. Should be though as the site does suck and doesn't correlate to the professionalism and abilities that the clinic exudes.

Considering their webpage was built on a Commodore 64 I guess it isn't all that bad. Everyone knows how things are in terms of technology. By the time the new site is done other clinics will have online HT's available.:T:

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I think I made something more elaborate on my commodore 64 to be honest.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
I have read about the "SMG" web site issue elsewhere ....

Its very true that a web site does not reflect the quality of a companies product or indeed what they can offer....Our plumber is a one man band yet from his web site he gives the impression of almost being an International Organisation.....yet it seems impossible to arrange a definite time for him to turn up and do one simple job !!

I think is a case of buyer beware..... Advertising is the easy part... lots of people are conned.... as us repair patients know only too well....

Research, research and more research..... thats the key....

Anyway... think I have said my bit on this subject..

Apart from NN and the knife.... leave it in !!

Timbo

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nervousnelly wrote:
Considering their webpage was built on a Commodore 64 I guess it isn't all that bad. Everyone knows how things are in terms of technology. By the time the new site is done other clinics will have online HT's available.:T:
)(_:: good one! I'll pass this onto Doc.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
"The Website" (which Janna and I do not speak about) should be up soon.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
This site has gotta be somethink special if u've been waiting this long, it's gonna win some awards i can see it now.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I certainly hope that the person is not being paid by the hour.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yea, I personally don't think he should be getting paid at all but then a good part of the delay is also Dr. Ron's fault so.......::;mb

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
If he/she is getting paid by the hour, they must be a self made millionaire by now.

Shang

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Will they find a cure for baldness before the "new" SMG website is up and running? What is your perspective on this? I'm inclined to say "yes" the cure will come first or hair cloning will no longer be a pipe dream.

Shang:)

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yes at long last it's finally been launched. We'll be making any corrections and working out "bugs" on the site before we make an official announcement of the new site. Nice of you to notice the first day it was up, things slow at your work? ;)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Z:BZ:BZ:B ¬b` This didn't take too long. ::}{:)(_::::}{:)(_::

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very good and a major improvement on the old one.