• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

smg

A

ADRIANNO

hi again everyone

i had to cancel my october appointment with smg due to work commitments, gotta tell you all i was gutted::;mb.

i have now booked in for the 20th of april so iam now counting down the weeks. iam planning on staying over for 4 days after the op and i was just wondering what everyone else did with their time there.

i know about the mall of america, and it looks impressive,even better than our very own metro centre. i was hoping to take in a baseball game at target field, maybe some of the sights of minneapolis. any suggestions will be gratfully recieved.

also wondering about esta, can this be done for free?

many thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you got it sorted out and re - arranged.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
the mall is pretty good, will put in half a day or more, i only stopped 2 nights wish i had stopped longer to see some ice hockey, the tv is interesting someone is always getting pulled out of a river or a nutter with a gun it seems to be the norm

i think the free esta finished last september

good look you will be well looked after at smg

Masher

Masher

Yep I did the movies and the theme park at the mall, got addicted to frozen whipped healthy yougurt-would have loved to have gone hunting! but am doing the opposite this time and just doing a 2 night stint ;-)
Good luck dude your with the best there is period!

Mash

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Adrianno,

The number of days patients stay in the area varies. One of the four days you'll be in surgery all day. The day after you'll stop by the clinic for a hairwash and have pictures taken. By this time it's midday already. You'll probably feel up to doing something simple like taking in a movie or even light shopping but nothing real active. The hotel shuttle services will take you to local businessess free of charge usually but double check with your hotel.

One of the things patients do besides going to the Mall is visiting the downtown areas - either Minneapolis or St. Paul. There is a light rail service from the Mall to downtown Minneapolis. The downtown area has a lot of shops and restaurants. I'm not sure what sporting events will be going on while you're here. Our professional basketball team is called the Timberwolves. For hockey it's The Wild team. If you like either sports, let me know and I can check for you.

We look forward to meeting you in April. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to email me.

A

ADRIANNO

thanks everyone.

really cant wait to get things underway.

bigmac, we will have to meet up again when i get back so you can view the work lol, a pint or two might be called for too.

ncb, will defo be visiting the mall, but will be staying away from the river and any nutters with guns.

thanks for the reassurance masher, iam sure iam in good hands at smg.when is your next visit?

thank you janna,i think iam staying 5 nights and leaving on the sunday,not booked the flights yet but thats the plan. i would love to see any of the teams you mentioned or the twins baseball team, i looked at the schedule and i think they are playing at home but i was a little confused so i may be wrong. any info on these would be great. downtown sounds good too,i wouldnt mind taking in the local sights, maybe a museum or two, i think a visit may be in order:).

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yes, I think the baseball season generally start early April. I forgot about them, oops. I will definately check into their schedule as the Twins got a brand new stadium last year and it's a great venue. The stadium is right downtown Minneapolis so you'd be able to visit the sites of downtown at the same time. I'll email you details soon.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
hi adrianno, ha i think you be safe in minneapolis i was meaning the usa in general, england has its fair share of looneys aswell

Masher

Masher

Your very welcome dude ;-)I will be going back for SMG number 2 in October - can't wait!
Janna did Matt try and contact me for a follow up - got a message from the Monster in law but was a bit garbled! lol

Mash

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Masher,

No, Matt did not try to contact you. Can't help you deciphering your message from "Monster in law". Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

Adrianno,

I pm'd you regarding sporting events in Minnesota during your stay.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey dude you just got to try the food there...man iv'e never tasted food so good in my life.....the restaurants are fantastic.

Only been to downtown Minneapolis the once but i enjoyed it immensely and i couldn't stop looking up at all the tall buildings, i remember everyone being so friendly and helpful........kind off makes you wander what the hell you live in England for in the first place)(_::

You will be fine with SMG they are the coolest guys......word of advice though, the hotel breakfasts are so Moorish you will want to eat them at all hours and i found myself waiting for it to open on a morning ::}{:greedy git i am.

If you just want to chill on an evening the hotel has a great company that delivered food to your room too.

haha i'm making myself sound like a right pie muncher ::}{:

As for the Mall wow what an amazing place!! just leave yourself plenty of time to explore it because it took me an hour to figure out where everything was......and being a tight git i spent most of my time in the dollar store)(_::

best wishes nutster

Last edited:
A

ADRIANNO

Thanks bullitnut

So are you saying the food is good ;)

Will be defo doing the mall and thanks to janna's research looks like Iam gonna do downtown followed by a baseball game.

Heard lots of good things about smg on here, pretty confident I've chosen the best option for me.

Thanks for the help

A

ADRIANNO

just had confirmation from matt at smg.

its all go for the wed 20th april. he is reckoning on 2000-2500gr for frontal third-frontal half.

been on internet and booked flights and hotel, ive even managed to get tickets to a baseball game on friday night(thanks to janna's help)

staying 5 nights at the la quinta inn and suites, worked out a lot cheaper than others i looked at, and they offer free airport pick up, which is ideal after a long flight.

looking forward to the breakfast now bullitnut has bigged them up so much, so they better be good or else>C>::lol.

will keep everyone updated as it happens, taking my laptop as there is free internet in the hotel, so will let you know how it goes.

i would also like to thank everyone for their support so far, its much needed and appreciated.

will be in touch bigmac about meeting up before i go, if you still ok with that, the Z:B are on me.

adrian

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Congrats on your surgery date....cant wait to follow your progress dude.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
ADRIANNO wrote:
looking forward to the breakfast now bullitnut has bigged them up so much, so they better be good or else>C>::lol.

will be in touch bigmac about meeting up before i go, if you still ok with that, the Z:B are on me.

adrian

Oh, oh, the breakfast bn was referring to are at Country Inn & Suites. LaQuinta has breakfast but it's not quite the same as Country Inn's. Take heart, the hotel is just across the street from one another so pop over there for the burgers...haha.

As for beers for bigmac - do you know what you're getting yourself in for??? Maybe you should prepay your ht surgery before meeting up with bigmac.

You should enjoy the baseball game. Hopefully you'll get a nice warm night and they win. We're looking forward to having you here. See you soon.

A

ADRIANNO

wrong hotel;;D.

hope they are veggie burgers janna.

iam counting the days now, looking forward to coming over.

A

ADRIANNO

this time tommorow i will be sitting on a plane heading for minneapolis. no doubt like most people who have been in this situation i will be nervous,anxious and excited all at the same time, which i can tell you is not good for the old tum lol.
i took today off work which was a major mistake, with time on my hands ive done nothing but worry about it all day, am i doing the right thing, whats the outcome gonna be like, is it gonna be noticable when i get home etc etc.
sitting here now iam just wishing it was tommorow and i was on my way. from what ive read on this forum, most peoples nerves are relieved when meeting dr ron and the team at smg,iam hoping i can be the next person to say this too.
anywho, i will load my before and after pics and update every couple of month so others can see the progress, and hopefully someone will find mine as helpful as i have found others on here.

roll on tommorro

adrian

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Adrian,

I noticed today that we have another patient here who is also from UK. He's having FUE work and will be here till Saturday.

Try not to be so nervous. I'm quite certain you'll breeze through the procedure like everyone else. What time will you be landing at the MSP airport tomorrow?

A

ADRIANNO

That's good to hear there will be someone from home.
I land around 7pm so it's gonna be a long day followed by an early start on Wednesday, there may be a chance I sleep thru the whole ht lol.
See you bright and early on Wednesday