• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Spex apology

Philw

Hi guys i want to 2 make a public apology to spex
I have slated him over the yrs on this forum why cos i was not happy with my hair transplant
I met him in 2006 i think after a bad hair transplant in the uk 2003
He himself had been in the same situation as me
I was told that all uk clinics were poor and advised me to go 2 dr feller
Uk clinics were poor at the time
Anyway saved up to go see dr feller in new yr 2008 had 1800 grafts and another scar above my old scar which i wasn't happy about but i didnt know any better
Got growth but my old work grew between my new hair
Wasn't happy told spex he tried his best with dr feller and got a free surgery in 2010
Had 1400 grafts thats when it got worse
No growth from 2nd surgery with dr feller and got more hairloss
So now left with 2 strip scars and poorly angled hair growing through dr fellers work and hairloss
Spex told me to go on meds from the start but dr feller said i had no sign of hairloss??? And thats the truth.
So i took it out on spexs wrongly cos he was based in uk he even tried 2 advise me even after my horrible posts about him
So my POST here is to apologise 2 spex about my posts, yes im angry cos my life has been on hold cos of my transplants
But in no way is it spex fault
I should have researched more especially meds
Yes my hair are angled wrong
Why ?? From my poor work in uk or dr feller?, i will never know but i have 2 be honest dr feller went the wrong way about it fixing me
It made things worse
Spex has been in the same boat as us all regards repair and i have thrown it in his face on this forum
He only wants 2 help and i took my anger on him
The moral to this post is research guys
AND take spexs advise on meds etc etc
As i didn't
Spex im sorry, u have been the role model in the uk for the hair transplant industry
Just took my anger on u yes maybe spexs gets paid for referrals etc but so he should as it takes alot of courage to front ur face etc in the general public as a hair transplant advisor

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Not sure if he is around these days. He was a good source of advice a10-12 years back but was very anti FUE.

B

Bobbins

Not sure if he is around these days. He was a good source of advice a10-12 years back but was very anti FUE.
He revived this account and posted earlier today. Pretty sure it was a one time deal though!

Philw

Fue was still new around about and clinics he promoted mainly did fut
He is still around probs just having a break from hairloss forums as u can imagine the amount of emails he gets, repeating yourself time and time again, must get tired of it,
Still a good source of advice, just wish i took it 13 yr ago regards meds
Anyhow cant apologies enough 2 him, glad he messaged me on the forum so i could apologise,

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
I did find him a good source of advice but very pro Feller and strip until he suddenly stop representing Feller. I think patient advisor are a good source of information but IMO no substitute for an actual HT doctor.

Philw

Spex had poor work in uk so researched himself to find a good doc and at the time American was only choice, dr feller fixed him as as spex was intrested in hairloss sugery etc also i think dr feller thought be good idea to get uk clients so no brainer to get spex on board, also spex wanted to help guys as more and more guys were interested in hair transplants but getting bad results in uk
Think dr bloxham works with dr feller now and think spex wanted to find better surgeons in uk ie closer 2 home

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Im well aware of spex story with Feller etc. Feller is mostly retired with Bloxham carrying out all the work. The issue I did not like with Spex was him trying to set up charged consultations with him with hairless sufferers on another hairless forums. Shorty after that he left.

Philw

Oh right didnt know
U got 2 remember spex speaks to loads of guys and has done for yrs for free
It does take its toll on u abd becames a 2nd job so i think he should be charging for his time
Listen ive slagged spex off on the forums for no reason
I was just frustrated with my situation and took it out on him
U got 2 remember he was a repair patient like us

Spex

Just seen this as don't hang out on the forum.

Thanks Phil for the comments. It is what it is. You maligned me for many years, but i just took it on the chin and let you vent. I only ever wanted the very best for you as you know. I did many things to try help you at the time and ongoing which you chose to overlook in all your postings. I know you were angry and needed to channel it somewhere. All the nasty comments and hate are all old news and I wish you only the very best moving forward and still here to help you personally anytime.

I stopped my association several years ago with Feller as didn't like how he treated patients.

I get bashed online by anonymous people. People feel protected behind those keyboards. Nature of the beast ( often random accounts with no evidence they are legit, but still allowed to post ... not on this forum though)

For the record - I used to charge a small fee for consults in person. I had to travel mostly to London ( 2+ hrs ) once a month. I did 100's of consults for free initially when i started out helping but often people wouldn't even show up to the meeting, so by charging people a small fee helped me not waste my time. It was not to make money but pay my own expenses. People that had an issue with me charging a small fee for consults must all be volunteers in their own work place themselves I assume. Many were happy to pay me a small fee to have 1hr of my time in person and regular ongoing support regardless of surgeon they went to or didn't.

People readily overlook the facts yet like to portray me as a money hungry villain. They conveniently overlook all the good I've attempted to do in terms of educating patients for the past 20 years via the different platforms and outlets. What can you do. To anyone who ever wants to vent or have it out with me personally I suggest simply emailing me or calling me - or call in to The Bald Truth Radio Show and let's chat.

There will always be a bitter or angry hair loss sufferer ( righty or wrongly ) who need to vent and that's why forums like this are needed.

All the best
Spencer ( Spex )

Last edited:

Philw

Well said spex
U are right with everything u say
Im bang out of order as i know the time u took for me etc
I know meds were the key for me 13 yrs ago etc but didnt take ur advise cos when u young u dont think u will get more hairloss
But deffo angles are bad
The scars are just the way my skin is i suppose, some guys get good scar, some dont
Ok least im on meds now so somethin to focus on
Spexs thanks for ur help over the yrs
And even now, but ive said 2 much bad stuff so i will try get fixed my own way
Im sorry mate
Guys the only guys 2 listen 2 in uk is spexs and bigmac they have been through it and know the pitfalls
They just want to help
Good luck spex on ur journey in the industry
All the best

M

mania

Feller is generally resigned with Bloxham completing practically everything. The issue I could have done without with Spex was him attempting to set up accused meetings of him with bald victims on another smooth discussions. Shorty after that he left.