• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Spiky hair posto-op? Why?

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Hello,

My hair is pointing upwards. Is this normal? Is this why in many of the hair-transplant before and after photos most people have their hair looking spiky?? Has anyone noticed a change in the way your hair has looked post transplant?

I really do think want my hair to be spiky. :( I hope the surgeon did the correct angle of incissions!

Z

zaka1971

Hi. Can you post some photos please. I did notice my hair a bit coarser initially but this improved with time. Maybe some photos will help in giving some advice.

V

Viking

Doesn't it take time to settle, I thought it took time to look more normal?

F

FUE3800Graftshead

I hope so! I’ve attached a pic of what it looks like.

Attachments

• 8D1D2559-30E8-4CAE-B6F2-DA2893AD9CA2.jpeg
    8D1D2559-30E8-4CAE-B6F2-DA2893AD9CA2.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 533
Hair Restoration Europe

Hair Restoration Europe

Valued Member
It does sometimes take time for the hairs to settle and mature. On occasions, it can grow finer or coarser than natural growth. Sometimes with a slight curl and possibly appear to grow in the wrong direction. Placement of the graft can depend on the method or technique used by the Doctor and Clinic. Recipient site making in the pure form is custom-designed. With the size of the follicular unit determining the slit size being made. Then the angle and orientation to create the most natural look and at the same time giving you hair coverage. The hairs will need to lay at different angles depending on the area of the scalp.

This is natural with your existing hair and a hair transplant needs to mimic this. As a result, you can achieve hair coverage from a relatively low number of hairs compared to a natural full head of hair. Assuming your grafts have been placed correctly this is something that rights itself quite fast. The graft can only be placed a certain depth and orientation. So once embedded into the site there may be the initial changes but then the hair growth settles down and naturally matures. Good growth!

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Thanks. So it’s a matter of waiting further months before knowing if the incision was done correctly?

At least it’s good to know that it’s normal.

Hair Restoration Europe

Hair Restoration Europe

Valued Member
Time is a good healer, especially in this respect in the early days after a hair transplant. If you´re concerned speak to your Doctor first and foremost. Hopefully, they can explain how they place the hairs and the precautions they take to make you feel less concerned. Best of luck, good growth.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
You should hopefully find that as time goes on and the hair increases in length that it settles down and grows in a more orderly way. Often the initial growth can be quite spiky/wiry but as it matures it should settle down and blend naturally with your existing hair.

Z

zaka1971

I did find that the length you currently have is the most “painful” stage . It is hard to do anything with in terms if styling. It is even the case with non transplanted hair. Let it grow a bit more. The maturity and length will allow better styling and that all helps with the way it looks and directions.

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Thanks everyone, it’s good to hear. I guess I’m stuck in the ugly duckling stage for few more months still!

R

Risingforehead

Surely this is just a length issue, with some extra growth i imagine it would start to fall forward.

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Still not at the moment. However, as soon as I put a little bit of water on it, it falls forward (until it dry agains). Therefore I'd expect a gel to do the job.

I think it's one of those things that will actually become softer and softer after a certain length of period of growth.