• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Splitting 5mg Finasteride Tablets (Video)

K

KCJones

Interesting comment on the splitting 5mg Tablets 1min 10secs in.

video

Also the below confirms what was said.

I've been splitting 5mg tablets and also doing a couple of months worth in one go too !

If a tablet is FDA-approved to be split, this information will be printed in the “HOW SUPPLIED” section of the professional label insert and in the patient package insert. Also, the tablet will be scored with a mark indicating where to split it.

If a tablet does not include such information in the label, FDA has not evaluated it to ensure that the two halves of a split tablet are the same in weight or drug content or work the same way in the body as the whole tablet. You should discuss with your healthcare professional whether to split this type of tablet.

if your healthcare professional asks you to split your tablets, do not split the entire supply of tablets at one time and then store them for later use. That is, make sure that both halves are taken before splitting the next tablet. This is important because split tablets may be affected by factors such as heat, humidity and/or moisture content. For example, a split tablet stored in a damp environment such as in a bathroom medicine cabinet could be affected.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Only split one pill at a time. Use it up before splitting the next one.

K

KCJones

Yeah I'll do that in future, it's the bit about the drug content possibly not being spread even thoughout the tablet that I'd never heard of !

M

mujaida

Could the unevenness of content when splitting cause permanent or extended shedding?

K

KCJones

Hard to say without analysing a split tablet, you have say 10% in one 1/4 and 70% in another.

I treated myself to some Propecia 1mg, which strangely are bigger than my 5mg DrReddy's and now take 1mg every other day.