• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Strange offer from Cosmedica?

G

gus bs

Hello! I'm about to do a hair transplant in 2 weeks.

I contacted Cosmedica a few days ago and then one local representative for Israel
called me.
Cosmedica offered thru a local agent in my country (Israel) a really strange but tempting offer.
I need to o what they call a MEGA SESSION which means I need to do the transplant in two days.
they say I need between 4500-4800 grafts. The procedure is only supervised by Dr. Acar, the nurses do it all the work.
The whole cost is 3500 Euro. But I have to pay only 2200 Euro to them at the clinic and 1300 Euro to the Israel represntative.
My question is: Is Cosmedica doing a MEGA SESSION, 2 days of work, 4500-4800 grafts only for 2200Euro?
Even if I paid 3500euro to them directly I wouldn't get that amount of grafts and 2 sessions!
So, what's the catch?
Please help me understand.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The representative may be a separate business that sends patients to the clinic for a set fee. Ask the clinic direct to confirm.

G

gus bs

of course, I understand that. My question is if it can be possible that Cosmedica will perform a MEGA SESSION of 2 days
implanting 4500/47800 grafts for 2200E ONLY and that the representative takes 1300E? Does it sound logic?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes that seems a big cut for the rep compared to the clinics payment.

G

gus bs

My question was not about the representative, I don't really care how much he earns.
My doubt is if Cosmedica agrees to perform a MEGA SESSION of 2 days, 4500/4800 grafts
for 2200E. Is that because this representative has a special deal or should I distrust that
they will transplant this number of grafts?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would contact the clinic directly to get conformation from them.

G

gus bs

I've been trying to contact them for 2 days now....nothing.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

If it's starting to stress u out
My advice, choose a different clinic
When companies start doing things like that it screams alarm bells to me
But that's just my opinion

G

gus bs

And what clinic would you recommend in Turkey for a fair price?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I live in the UK
So I cant advise u on any turkey clinics
So really can't help u there
I've had 3 hair transplants and I'm still not happy all, and all I had was a receding hairline
My advice would be to wait and research more

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
If I couldn’t get through to the clinic for 2 days before I’ve had the operation and gave them money, I would be wondering what would they be like after they have had my money??

G

gus bs

I agree, I think they leave my case to the representative in Israel. Because he contacted me the day after I sent them a message. Now after he "closed" the deal with me I still want to talk to them to rest asure everything is ok. Other than that, isn't Cosmedica a serious clinic with high reputation?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Who looked at your pictures to come up with the number of grafts? Send the clinic your pictures again from a different email and say you are living in Europe. That`s if you still want to go there. What about Dr Bicers clinic, she does the transplant herself and on her video, it`s only one person per day.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

My 1st transplant in 2003 was in uk
The other 2 were in New York America
All transplants were the strip method giving me bad scars
I've heard that cosmedica is good but think that's cos of the price
I've not seen in person

G

gus bs

I wrote to Dr Bicers 2 days ago. No answer. About the idea of sending the pics to Cosmedica directly I did it, and I think they stopped answering at the moment they left it to their representative. Do you agree with me that Cosmedica is a good reputation clinic?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I think a week is an average to get email answers from clinics when you think how many people must send them, especially if the doctor is looking through them. I don`t know if Cosmedica is good or not. The before and after videos they have look good but I suppose all clinics will show their best work.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I agree pics always look good on clicks website
I'd hold on untill u are 100% sure
It's good that u are not sure

H

horris

Valued member
This should be a smooth process without the stress, If i was you I would stop look at my options and start again. Any decent clinic will answer promptly and ease your worries