• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

strange question ive never seen before

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hi guys ive thought hard and long as to whether or not i should ask this as im worried that i will get the piss ripped out of me but what i was wondering was.

being a father of young children in the uk it is a common occurance for children at school to get headlice, (thankfully mine havent so its not a problem)and i was wandering if they were to catch them would the over the counter treatments be ok to use on a grown out ht patient or would the stuff be too harsh.

sorry for the daft question folks its just my daughter had them six months ago and fortunately they were easy to get rid of with full marks solution but it has bugged me ever since as to whether a ht patient could use the stuff.;;D

no daft comments please im not spiderman and im not crawling im just curious, as in the years ive been on the forums ive never seen this asked before lol)(_::

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea mate,maybe if you post whats in the solution if you still have the container/bottle that might help.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Sorry mate it was months ago so ive no idea as its all sorted now thankgod:)

Peachy

Peachy

Lol, awesome question. Anyway personally I wouldn't bother. Get a fine (nap) comb and wash the hair over a sink or bath, then use conditioner and comb through. The little critters slide straight off. They either drown or you can crack then with your nail. Oh by the way the teeny weeny little white eggs may hang on in there so you'll need to keep doing it for a while. If you don't the eggs grow into bugs that suck yer blood then lay more eggs and it starts over again....doh! Why do I know so much about this? *nl Peachy

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Lol Peachy - why do you know so much????

Thanks for the info.

I can't see it as a problem. Your follicles are the same as your native follicles basically after transplantation.

bullitnut

bullitnut

wow thanks peachy lol, let me just reitterate folks i have not and never have(since i was a child ) had lice i was just curious as they are rife at the moment and only the other week all the kids at my daughters school got a letter saying they are rife. This sort of thing gives me the eeby geebees just thinking about it)(_::

bullitnut

bullitnut

sorry j,
i must have typed that reply to peach at the same time thanks cocka. WOW just got me thinking now lol what would you do if ya got a crawling patient, how embarrasing would that be

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yuck - bite your tongue. Thank God it's never happened.

bullitnut

bullitnut

)(_:: i might sound thick now but do you get em in the usa or are they a uk thing and related to our climate.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
c;;9 Headlice like hair. HT patients don't have hair, so you're safe Janna. But ofcourse after they have had a procedure.....