• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Stretched FUT scar. Looking for advice on what to do next

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I know all this might seem stressful at the minute dude but I got to say looking at them pics again you posted its gonna be worth it for sure pal.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Scares me too!

They said I should be ready and able to fly Sunday without having to worry. Doesn’t mean I won’t worry, just means they said I don’t need to :)

HDC has a very set process for washing. You don’t do it yourself, they wash your head for you. Surgeries are 2 days (so let’s say Monday and Tuesday). On Wednesday, they apply ointment to the donor area and don’t touch the recipient at all. On Thursday, they begin a process where you get your hair washed twice daily, both donor and recipient, while also applying ointment on the donor, and they do this every day from there on out until the scabs are gone and the grafts are secure.

I do find comfort in this as it removes more variables.

On a bad note, I just checked and there are no other flights from NJ to VT. :( Guess I’ll see how I feel when I get there and make a judgement call whether I should drive it or sit the 14 hours and wait it out.
Gosh that is a lot of washing....just sit back like a king and enjoy the service whilst you can!!

I suppose the aim of the post op washing is to remove the scabs so the more frequent, the better. It’s just great to see that you are able to get this done despite the worlds lockdowns etc. The photos looks great so I’m sure you’ll be looking back at this thinking it was worthwhile (and especially a 14 hour transfer!)

Check out a YouTube called Sam Chui - he’s an aircraft enthusiast and might have some good tips on long transfers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Safe travels home tomorrow.
I hope you were able to change your flights.
Take care.

Parasol

Parasol

So my flight home got canceled. :( I didn’t get an email or any kind of notification or anything. Spent most of the day trying to find another flight out of Cyprus. United Airlines only had one other flight to offer, for much later in the day, which included a 16 hour layover in Germany. So yeah, I’m in Germany. Can’t exactly rent a car and drive home from here haha.

I swear I’m not trying to be obsessive. I know this is a long journey and all the hairs are supposed to shed soon enough. But I’m wondering; if you look at my immediately post op pic, the very frontal hairline looks really densely packed.

Well yesterday, which would be 5 days post op from the hairline work, I noticed the hairline is looking pretty bare? At least I think it is. It’s hard to research this because HDC washes the grafts much earlier than most clinics. So I’m not sure if the hairs are still supposed to be there at this point or not. Do you think the hair in the frontal hairline is still secured under the skin, or do you think I permanently lost the grafts?

I guess I’m just used to seeing patients kind of getting a “preview” of what their hair might look like if they get 100% growth, right before the initial shed after their first few 7-10 day washes, but here I am less than a week out from surgery wondering if more hair should be there or not.

If it is thinner than how it was packed, would this be normal due to the washes or would this be something to be concerned about?

Here’s two photos from yesterday, and a close photo of the hairline immediately post-

op.

1C53A076-05D5-4227-ABB0-89DEEA7D5F5C.jpeg
4496529D-8DCF-413A-9A33-95412F2D835D.jpeg
9010F58B-46BA-4832-BC92-DB3A9BF9C6E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Parasol. Sorry to hear your flight was cancelled without warning. At least you were able to get something sorted out although not convenient at all. It`s going to be one long journey back home.

Clinics have different post op washing guides. Some will not have you wash your hair 7 days post op while others wash it or advise to wash it the day after and continue to do so every day. I had my hair washed the day after and every day thereafter by myself.

Your transplanted area looks fine. Some hairs may have shed already but the hair washing does make it look very clean and tidy which is why you may think it`s not as dense. I look at some post op pictures and think it looks as though hardly anything has been done. So yes, You`re being a little paranoid.
Your grafts will be secure now, they are secure after 4 days. Dislodging grafts after surgery usually requires a bang on the head. All is good with your grafts.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you made it home safely. Now to take it easy and wait for the hairs to appear.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Glad you got home safely dude, damn covid....time to chill now my friend....thanks for the updates though it's been interesting to read (although I imagine it's been frustrating as hell for you mind).