• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Study on Viola verecunda extract

S

Salazar

Hi,

I stumbled upon an article claiming that a study by the Nakdonggang National Institute of Biological Resources, found that "Viola verecunda extract was just as effective, if not more effective than minoxidil." (I can't post links for some reason, but you can easily find the article using Google.)

I'm not sure if there is already a product available that contains Viola verecunda extract, or how exactly one would proceed if wishing to try it, so I thought I'd ask: has anyone tried this? If so, please let me know. Thanks

S

Salazar

Okay, I did a little digging and found another article (this time from 2020), which states the following:

"SEOUL -- Megacos, a subsidiary of South Korea's cosmetics brand Tony Moly, will release functional cosmetics such as shampoo, treatment and hair tonic in 2021, using extracts of viola verecunda, a species of violet known as hidden violet, that were found to be effective in hair growth and hair loss control."

"Megacos signed a technology transfer contract with the state-run Nakdonggang National Institute of Biological Resources (NNIBR), the environment ministry said in a statement on November 16. The institute will develop mass breeding technology to secure the stable supply of raw materials and carry out further research such as the separation of effective ingredients."

Obviously, we're in 2022, but I haven't been able to find any details of any product launch, so I'm guessing that this still to happen. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.