• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Sun Exposure after HT

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi all

I will be going on holiday end of May, by which time I will be nearly 4 months post op. My hair covers the recipient area but I am a bit worried about getting sunburn.

Would you wear a hat even though the area is covered by the native hair?

Cheers

Beardo

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi BW...

In my opinion I would not want to take any risks regarding an HT... I would guess that if your hair covers the area then it should be ok... but why risk it...

I would use a hat.... unless your going to Wales for your holiday in which case take an umbrella.... stop the grafts from being washed out :)

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

To be on the safe side i would wear a hat/bandana to cover the transplanted area as you dont want to risk getting the new grafts damaged via sunburn.If you are without a hat i would limit the exposure to 10 mins.

Also apply a high factor sunscreen to be extra safe.

bm.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Thanks for the replies. I am off to Spain so hopefully it will be hot. I might try adding some San Miguel to my regime too!

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Some sun is good but a sunburn is never a good idea, especially on the newly transplanted grafts - the skin from the grafts are not used to the sun.

What's San Miguel? Have a great time in Spain.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

LOL Tim! :)

ya I would def. wear a hat. H&W told me a sunburn on the recipient area could severely damage the grafts even up to 6 months post op. Don't risk it! I'd make sure it doesn't have tiny holes on the top too (i.e. base ball cap).
BTW as long as I'm wearing a hat that has zero holes in it & isn't transparent, then there's ZERO risk (to my recipient area) of being under direct sunlight regardless of time spent or even during the hottest times of the day, right?

Enjoy Spain. Z:B

Last edited: