• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Surgery booked AEK, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz January 21st 2020

N

Newcastleblogger

Hi All I'm new to this forum, a little about me I'm 52 years old, I've always had hair up until 40 it started slowly thinning on top.

Vaccinations done at GP, Hep B, Hep A, plus blood test to rule out diseases.

I have a hairline consultation with DR K on Monday 20th Feb including a discussion about what I'm looking to achieve now and long term.

February 21st surgery day hairline design and incisions with DR K.

I've booked the second package hairline design and incisions to be done by Dr K. between 4000 to 5000 hairs that's around 2000 grafts, I'm hoping for more coverage up to the middle part of my scalp will wait and see if they will do that, I know the crown is another operation.

I was initially going to try part shaven but it even says on the website its more technical and time consuming which could mean a lot less grafts.

I would be lying if I didn't feel nervous about the operation butterflies etc!

I will post before pictures in the hotel Silence and after operation pictures,.

May the force be with me and the luck of the irish, well I have irish in my DNA. This is going to be interesting I'm the first in my family history to have this done before we walked the planet as apes.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
2000 grafts is a decent size session. What Norwood level would you class yourself as?
Have you used or considered using medications for hair loss?
I`ll look forward to following your hair restoration journey.
All the best.
Bm.

N

Newcastleblogger

Thanks Bigmac for the reply not sure what norwood level I'm at, I had a consultation with UK hair clinic last year was told I had a good donor area which was very helpful plus it was free. I have some pictures from UK hair clinic off March 2019. Decided not to go with them as they were very expensive. I have been using minoxidil drops for six month on crown.

AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz.jpg
AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz1.jpg
AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz2.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pictures. You look between a Norwood 5 - 6. It`s not an exact scale but a decent enough guide. Your donor does look decent on the pictures. If I were you, I would push for 2500 grafts if the Dr is comfortable with that. Getting a new mature hairline with density behind will totally change your appearance. Maybe a thin covering over the crown area. Be aware, once grown out, hair greed usually takes over and you may want another surgery to add density and coverage.
Have you noticed any growth, change in the thickness of hairs in your crown area? I use Finasteride which has helped my crown a lot. It does have the possibility to cause side effects in a small percentage of patients so it needs researching before deciding if you wish to try it.

N

Newcastleblogger

Many thanks for the reply the minoxidil seems to have worked on the crown that is stopping it getting thinner, I will push for more grafts some crown work not sure what DR K is like to talk with I will find out soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Dr Karadeniz is very relaxed and speaks very good English. I`ve known him for 5 years plus, I often spend time chatting to him at the various hair loss conferences around the world.
Good to hear the Minoxidil is working on your crown area. I take Finasteride for my crown, it has worked very well in maintaining, preventing or slowing down any more loss to a snail's pace. I`ve been using it since 2005.
Exciting times ahead for you.
I`ll look forward to following your journey.
Any other questions, just ask away.
All the best.
Bm.

N

Newcastleblogger

Pictures after operation and next day after hair wash at AEK clinic, amazing result I was told by the team it was my donor and hair type that DR K and his team achieved 6900 hair follicle implants way above what I imagined only quoted for between 4000 & 5000. Dr K came up with a plan a new design he is currently working on, this would give more coverage in the mid and crown area as needed without leaving the front hairline out which I'm happy with. I would recommed AEK hair clinic for its professionalism they all work as a team paying great attention to detail. Its early days will keep posting updates.

Attachments

• AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 255
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz1.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 262
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz2.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz2.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 252
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz3.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz3.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 238
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz4.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz4.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 244
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz5.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz5.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 212
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz6.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz6.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 213
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz7.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz7.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 221
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz8.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz8.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 234
  • AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz9.JPG
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz9.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
T

Todd

Did you get 6900 grafts or hairs? It is a very high number that must have took all day to complete. how long was the operation?

N

Newcastleblogger

Did you get 6900 grafts or hairs? It is a very high number that must have took all day to complete. how long was the operation?
The clinic go by what they can do in one session that is how many hair follicles they can implant, I think 6900 hairs is around or near 3000 grafts. I was in the surgery theatre from 8.30am to 3.45pm, an interesting experience.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you had a good experience. 3000 grafts should give you some nice coverage and a new hairline to frame your face. Did the doctor advise when you should start using Minoxidil again?

N

Newcastleblogger

Hi the Dr did mention Minoxidil also Finasteride to be honest I can't remember if he said when to start using it again, I have read you can use both one month after operation but not sure if this is correct.

T

Todd

The clinic go by what they can do in one session that is how many hair follicles they can implant, I think 6900 hairs is around or near 3000 grafts. I was in the surgery theatre from 8.30am to 3.45pm, an interesting experience.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How has the healing process been for you?

N

Newcastleblogger

I was sore for the first few days it felt a little bit like sunburn in the donor area, its still numb on the top and a little tight at the back in the donor area hair is growing but its comfortable. I don’t have any redness on the crown it looks pretty normal and on a plus side I still have my transplanted hair very little shedding.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear it`s all healed well and not much redness. Keep an eye on the transplanted hairs to see if they are growing longer. Sometimes they can be stalled hairs, meaning it`s just the hair shaft sticking in the skin and not growing.

N

Newcastleblogger

Pictures are 4 weeks after the operation, I did have a mild phase of folliculitis at the back of my head in the donor area. I treated the folliculitis with antibiotic ointment specifically for this and it worked all cleared up after 10 days.

Attachments

• AEK Clinic Hair Transplant.jpg
    AEK Clinic Hair Transplant.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 245
  • AEK Clinic Hair Transplant1.jpg
    AEK Clinic Hair Transplant1.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 259
  • AEK Clinic Hair Transplant2.jpg
    AEK Clinic Hair Transplant2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 250
S

smokeybacon

Hope you get great hair growth. I can´t see from the pictures but is the transplant hair mixing in with your natural hair near the sides ok?

N

Newcastleblogger

Hi thanks for the reply, yes it blends in near the sides with my normal hair. I was told in the consultation with Dr Karanediz that it would be impossible for full coverage with your first hair transplant and that I will most likely need an other operation for more coverage. But at the moment things are going good the transplanted hair has stopped shedding and is growing.