• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Tattoo

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I had a look at this site http://www.headstyl.com . Has anyone had there strip scar tattood ?
Im not sure about the full head tattoo ,has anyone seen one in the flesh?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zion.

I`ve read some reviews where people have said it looks great when first done but fades like any tattoo and does not look so good fter a few years.

bm.

J

JJ09

I can tell you from experience that the initial result definitely disguised the appearance of the scars, however, I believe that this may also be the cause of my now painful to touch sections of scarring.

I do remember some months after the procedure that I developed a pimple/boil type of lump which I squeezed, and all sorts of, well €¦crap came out, this now is a very sensitive area to touch and has been for about 5 years making sleep difficult €¦sometimes waking me with a headache.

I have tried cortisone injections, acupuncture and topical ointment to no avail.

I would love to try and excise the painful sections, which I am able to do here in OZ free of charge under our medical system, however I would rather try and combine this with another HT procedure (if possible).

So I can €™t say whether it was the tattooing that caused the pain or an infection of some sort, nerve damage, maybe even the scar itself? But I wouldn €™t recommend it.

R

rimal

oh noo have no experience of it but yes have seen people having it.....doent that pain...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
JJ09,have you any close up pictures of the area of your scar that hurts so much.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I hope you can get your sensitive spots fixed...doesn't sound good.

Here is a pic of recent patient who wanted his hairline fixed via FUE and a scar revision. He had the scars tattooed couple of years ago but as you can see, the tattoo has faded a great deal. You can see remnants of squiggle lines in the scar - it looks a little like vein lines. Ignore the black dermatch at the top of the scar.

I personally would not recommend tattoo'ing into the scars. It doesn't last long.

Attachments

• DVscar.jpg
    DVscar.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 944
J

JJ09

Bm

I will try and get some clear pictures and post them soon.

Janna

With the scar revision was it possible to excise any viable grafts at the same time and do you have/will any updated for this patient?

My scars look nowhere near as bad as the ones presented here I had multiple small procedures €¦back in the day, graft counts and dissection rated were not in mine, or the Dr €™s vocabulary. It was more like €¦ €you want to strengthen your hairline, no problem € I was expecting to have more hair and no sign of any work being done, and that was that. ;;D

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I would not recommend getting tattoo on full head--although this particular company does look the most professional of the ones I have seen. From what I understand it does fade and when it does it leans towards a green tint.

I personally see no reason not to try it in the donor scar area IF you have native hair to cover. Can't really see the negative in giving it a shot as it surely should be better than the white of the scar if you can't do a revision or FUE. Keep in mind it is very important to research and only go to a reputable establishment. The above link looks like a decent company.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
JJ09,

This particular patient had his work done at the very end of July so it's a bit early for results. We took lots of pre and immed post op pics so I'll start a new thread and give details of his ht journey. Hopefuly, he'll update us at 5-6 months post op mark to show us how he's progressing.

J

JJ09

janna-thanks.

bm-close up of scar.

This section of scar is the most sensitive to touch being approximately 2cm the total length of the scar is 10cm. You can see some of the remnants of the tattoo and this particular spot seems to be the epicentre of the pain.

After having taken these pictures I am now more convinced that the pain is due to the tattooing procedure.

I have never taken such a close look at the scar, the appearance of the scar is quite good €¦shame about the pain.

Attachments

• scar.jpg
    scar.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,064
J

JJ09

Ok, maybe it's not that good of a scar...full view, you can just make out where the close up was taken from...blue spot on the bottom scar on the very left side.

Attachments

• P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 820
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JJ09,you can see the remnants of the tattoo,maybe there is some nerve damage in the area where you feel the pain.Does the area ever get inflamed ,also have you ever had it checked to see if there may be a piece of suture/staple still under the skin.

I would go down the route you said earlier regarding having the scar excised out during another hair transplant,killing two birds with one stone as to say.

bm.

J

JJ09

bm,

The level of pain does fluctuate (maybe more when I'm stressed which is most of the time lol) but it is always there to some degree. There is a slight indentation of the area and it doesn't feel as if there is anything lodged below the surface. However, I have had a suture make it's way out 16 years after my first Ht but I never felt any pain.

Yeah I'd like to have a revision/Ht even if it's a small one I just don't know if my scalp will handle it.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
JJ09,

Thanks for the pics. I've heard on several occassions when a patient suffers from nerve damage within the donor scar, once the particular section was excised out, they felt much better. Whether the pain is due to ht or tattooing, you too might be fortunate to get the pain resolved with a scar revision. Even if the pain doesn't resolve, you've at least improved the donor scar. Are you needing hair restoration anywhere on your head or are you most bothered by your donor scar? I apologize if you've talked about your situation already and have to repeat.

J

J

JJ09

janna,

No, I haven €™t mentioned any particulars of my situation €¦the painful scar is uncomfortable, however I need some serious work for me to ever be hat free! Top down shot €¦terrible.;ss;

The skin on my scalp feels very thin, so I €™m not sure if it
will be possible to do a revision/HT, I do believe however that because the pain is so localized there is a good chance it could resolve the pain issue.

I will post some further details of my situation in the near future I believe there is a facility on this forum to do so.