• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The beginning of my 1903 graft HT journey done by Dr Mark Tam

B

Beaglelover

Hi all

I Had my hair transplant with Dr Mark Tam and his very friendly team on the 17/10/20. Still very early day’s but this procedure is something that I have been contemplating for about 4 years.

I have spoken to various clinics from the UK and in Turkey, but Mark Tams website and his results really caught my eye. From contacting him on Instagram, to the face to face consultation, Dr Tam is very relaxed and will take the time to listen to what you want and will put you in the correct mindset of what you can realistically achieve while leaving your donor area not over-harvested. He can accurately measure the area which needs follicles to calculate how many grafts, and he can also measure the density of the hairs in your donor area so he knows what to take for the hairline.

Few months after the face to face consultation I find myself in his clinic getting my hair transplant. He was very welcoming in the morning, and even though we had already got an idea for a design he took the time to make sure that’s what I definitely wanted and spent the time to get again speak to me.

Not one point throughout the surgery did I once feel as if Dr Tam himself and his team were rushing any of the process and they talked me through everything that was happening.

It was a very long day, but this is only because of the attention to detail and the and making sure the final details such as ensuring the incisions for the follicles were in the correct direction allowing for my hair to look as natural as possible. I was given all instructions for after care, and I received a phone call making sure I was okay, and giving me further guidance. I couldn’t have asked for more!

I am very private about this issue of mine but I am really hoping that over the next year my journey and struggle with hair loss can give others the confidence to just fix what’s affecting them as I know exactly how it feels.

it’s only been one day, but from just comparing it to others 1 day post-op I am feel very happy with the work Dr Tam and the team have done for me. What do you guys think?

One day after op.

D5647A8B-D543-4F28-AAEF-50BE5C72FC08.jpeg 4C19A386-A449-4F82-AE25-729F411724A0.png 13BB9ED3-077E-4B9C-93B3-116DBDFD0C5A.png

Straight after op

2DC4A5E7-1F8E-4D36-A314-B6D81545ABC3.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Beaglelover and thanks for sharing your story.
It`s good to hear you a positive experience with Dr Tam and the team. Those 1800 grafts should produce a nice result.
Do you have a pre op picture to show?
All the best.
Bm.

B

Beaglelover

Sorry for the late response. It’s been a long few days being careful not trying to knock the newly implanted hairs! I hated my hair but didn’t realise the extent of how bad it was until Dr Tam made these before photos:

really hoping the 1900 grafts with anti hair loss meds will do the job.

Attachments

• A9656B1F-78C7-42CC-A42B-003FE46228DC.png
    A9656B1F-78C7-42CC-A42B-003FE46228DC.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 706
  • 9A9F10C3-0089-4456-AC50-B1F64D29A09C.png
    9A9F10C3-0089-4456-AC50-B1F64D29A09C.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 700
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the additional pictures.
Post surgery is always a worry but soon passes and then the waiting game begins.
Those new grafts will transform your hairline to its former glory.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Those new grafts will certainly make a nice cosmetic improvement....its awesome you've documented your journey as it will truly help others who are worried about loosing their hair. Please, please keep us updated.
Dr Tam seems a decent genuine guy from what I've seen and heard, so I wish you all the best with your healing and growth in the coming months dude.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Welcome to the forum and congrats with the HT should get a nice result with that amount of grafts ,and sharing with us wishing you great recovery and growth

B

Beaglelover

Hi Beagle. How is it progressing?
Hello mate. Obviously I had a lot of hair fall out, but seemed like a very small amount stayed in. This was taken at 2 months and 3 weeks, so I am at the point where it’s very hard to believe this will grow into a desirable hairline. I know everyone goes through a paranoid phase and it’s just a waiting game as no ones looks great at this point. The left side seems noticeable thicker currently but all seems thins. Can’t wait for it to hopefully thicken out and more grafts come through.

50DA9332-6C08-430C-B28C-572D41269FEE.jpeg
20732BA4-9958-42DE-8A14-1582BD53EF30.jpeg

B

Beaglelover

Hi everyone,

i am at the 7 month mark now, and would like to ask some opinions. Majority of my hairline has come in really nicely and I’m very happy with it, however on my left side it isn’t matching the same as everywhere else. There are hairs there but they are very thin and coverage also doesn’t match up.

I have spoken to my surgeon and he said it is still early days and it will come good. What do you think? Just think it’s weird how it can come through unevenly like that?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 398EA863-5DA5-4DE1-884A-EAF768766AA3.png
    398EA863-5DA5-4DE1-884A-EAF768766AA3.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 549
  • 23ED41D3-42BA-4068-A603-44BC47780B92.png
    23ED41D3-42BA-4068-A603-44BC47780B92.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 524
  • 58208930-37A0-4652-B6CE-6F108DDBA726.png
    58208930-37A0-4652-B6CE-6F108DDBA726.png
    371.7 KB · Views: 582
B

Beaglelover

Just to clarify the two pictures looking thinner are the same side. One was taking from the front camera and one on the back.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Mine is like that to, but it is improving month on month. I find my left side is a lot more grown in and matured compared to my right. I’m going to wait till I’m 16 months post op before reaching my final conclusion. At the moment I’m 11 months post HT

B

Beaglelover

Mine is like that to, but it is improving month on month. I find my left side is a lot more grown in and matured compared to my right. I’m going to wait till I’m 16 months post op before reaching my final conclusion. At the moment I’m 11 months post HT
It’s so frustrating as I’m so happy with the rest of it. Really hope it comes through better for us both.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You’re just over the halfway mark with good growth. It`s very common for one side to grow in faster so try not to worry about it. You have plenty more time for it to even out.

B

Beaglelover

Just an update on my progress at nearly 10 months. Really disappointed so far and can’t see much changing in the next couple months where it will be the 12 month mark.
I will have to wait and see and assess the final product but I’m not very optimistic.

this was something I obviously saved up for and I can’t really say it’s changed my life. I was always going to be realistic with my results but I feel as if my results so far are so underwhelming.

F271C513-549B-4E36-8103-2EE321BCAAF5.png

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Have you spoke to the Dr to tell him
How you feel about the result so far??

B

Beaglelover

I have spoken to him and he said to wait for 12 months but I will be amazed if there’s any difference in 2 months from the rate of the last 10 months in that area!

I’m very disappointed, considering I thought I had finally gotten rid of this hinderance

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hopefully Dr Tam will stand by his work/client and offer a solution till you are 100% happy with the result

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
That doesn’t look bad, it’s only one small area that’ll need some extra grafts adding if it doesn’t thicken up with more growth. From the patient stories I read this happens sometimes and the clinics do a small touch up to sort it.