• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Hair Dr. (Dewsbury/Leeds) - A Discussion

H

Helpwiththehair

It is strange that many patients appear to be told they will need more grafts on the day compared to The quotation given at point of consultation.

Clearly this could put patients in a tricky situation – either pay the extra money to get the result you had hoped based on your original consultation, or if you are unable to afford extra grafts then you are potentially being told that you won't get the desired result , based on the grafts you had originally been quoted on being insufficient. (An extra 500 grafts is paid for would be an additional £1500, which is a lot of money)
Agreed, that is a lot of money. It also seems like a large number to be off by everytime, as well as it always being the same number.

I wonder if anyone has said no?

Have you been a patient there yourself?

D

Dave_2022

Agreed, that is a lot of money. It also seems like a large number to be off by everytime, as well as it always being the same number.

I wonder if anyone has said no?

Have you been a patient there yourself?
No, although they were on my shortlist, but given the number of poor results I will be getting my procedure done elsewhere.

C

CrankySysadmin

Valued member
It is strange that many patients appear to be told they will need more grafts on the day compared to The quotation given at point of consultation.

Clearly this could put patients in a tricky situation – either pay the extra money to get the result you had hoped based on your original consultation, or if you are unable to afford extra grafts then you are potentially being told that you won't get the desired result , based on the grafts you had originally been quoted on being insufficient. (An extra 500 grafts is paid for would be an additional £1500, which is a lot of money)
Your comment is total nonsense. I was told 2000 grafts would be needed, and on the day of surgery Dr Arshad checked over my hair and said "2000 grafts is what is needed as I won't get anymore in there". Do you not think with the lockdown and the many, many consultations being done over video calls it has made it tricky to give an exact number on grafts needed? Please engage brain.

C

CrankySysadmin

Valued member

You seem to be trying your best to whip up as much hysteria about the clinic as possible. If you have had surgery done at the clinic, were unhappy with the results and the HairDr refused to help in anyway, I could understand all of comments you keep posting. But you haven't.

Last edited:
N

Norwood

Is the graft estimates given by the consultant or the surgeon prior to day of surgery at the clinic?

Tomuk85

Tomuk85

I was quoted 2000 , however via video call and with the pictures I sent they wouldn't have known 100%. I was given the option of having more grafts to go further back to get a long lasting result but didn't feel pressured at all and tbh in my mind was ready to increase the number financially if recommended. In the end I paid for 2500 but received just under 3000 so didn't feel hard done by.

Am I happy with the result being nearly 12 months and having nearly 8000 hairs transplanted..... Kind of but I will go into more detail in my forum post.

Reactions: TBH