• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Magnificent Seven

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Ok,
It's a joke we were having on a night out. Surely EVERYONE has seen the 1960 film The Magnificent Seven. A huge blockbuster in its time and repeated (at Christmas usually) till you're sick seeing it.

Well here's a bit of fun. Ask people you know if they've seen it. Be at pains to ensure they know about it i.e. 'you've seen it yes?' 'probably several times?' YES! etc. Really lay it on...

Then ask them to name the actors who played the Magnificent Seven.

They always start off full of confidence... 'Well there's Yul Brynner... Steve McQueen...'

But watch as they dry. Some might even remember 'that German guy' (Horst Buchholz) but only the very rare will know the killer member - Brad Dexter (Harry Luck) - at which point you can be ruthlessly smug and state it as if EVERYONE knows that!

So the seven are:

Yul Brynner - Chris Adams
Steve McQueen - Vin
Charles Bronson- Bernardo O'Reilly
Robert Vaughn - Lee
James Coburn - Britt
Horst Buchholz -Chico 'that German guy'

and the killer

Brad Dexter - Harry Luck

If you want to be super smug (and some you may) you can refer to the fact that it was taken from the Japanese 'Seven Samurai' 1954 film from the legendary Akira Kurosawa - which is a FAR better film.

Enjoy and report your success...

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You got too much time on your hands.

Who are all the actors in the Wizard of Oz then.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Hi Bigmac,

You got me - I dunno who they are. You're right, I've got way too much free time on my hands - as you know - waiting for hair to grow is a real drag... :T:

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea the waiting game is a drag but it is surprising ow quickly it does pass.

At least i cant call you sad for knowing the names and "no" i dont know them either.

P

Philb

Ok, then the Great Escape maybe the best Christmas Classic of all time,

with Body & Doyle's Boss...

if you know the answer it will show you wear slippers at least 3 times a week.