• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The WAW FUE System Explained By Dr Devroye

A

Admin

Dr Devroye talks about his WAW FUE System that was a huge success at the ISHRS conference in Las Vegas.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Watch and learn about the Waw Fue

http://www.waw-fue.com/

Dr.EAM Ball

Dr.EAM Ball

The Maitland Clinic
Having heard such great things about the WAW FUE System from the guys at Shapiro Medical I was excited to collect my own kit from the Vegas ISHRS conference. I used it for a 2200 graft FUE case this week at The Maitland Clinic and loved it. The grafts were beautiful. Incredible design which seems to blend the advantages of both sharp and blunt punches with a versatile foot pedal that allows you to vary the speed and oscillation of the motor. The WAW foot pedal will be especially enjoyed by any funk guitar-playing doctors! Fantastic creation by Dr Devroye.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Dr Ball......Does this system speed up the FUE process so a larger session can be achieved in 1 day as opposed to spread over 2 days?

Dr.EAM Ball

Dr.EAM Ball

The Maitland Clinic
Hi Tommytwo

It does seem a bit faster than some of the other tools but it was its ability to produce really high quality grafts that appealed to me. The size of FUE case done on a day varies hugely between doctors and I tend to be wary of very large FUE sessions for lots of reasons (is it the doctor who is performing the FUE extractions, what is the grafts out of body time, has the safe donor zone been respected? etc)

We will feed back more about the WAW System over the coming weeks.

I hope that helps.

Dr Edward Ball

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Great video and very interesting too sounds like a really great design Dr Devroye.

Dr Ball, I for one look forward to seeing more feedback posted over the coming months regarding this System. ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A Waw result by Dr. Dorin.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/XEuzRtavh0Q&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
We have been using the WAW system since early 2018, so by this time of writing about 1.5 years.
Grafts quality is really good, in fact at par with manual extractions for most of the time.
In some very special cases however, we feel it is required to go back to manual (this can only be determined during the treatment).
As we have performed manual FUE since 2004 we have no problem reversing to manual if required.

Here is a recent example of a client that wanted to have a conservative approach and with just 1700 grafts.

This result was achieved by using the WAW system in combination with the highly experienced hands of our team members.

2019-07-10 (2).png
2019-07-10 (4).png
2019-07-10 (5).png
2019-07-10 (6).png

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

This one just came in today.
The WAW system was used to cover the frontal third with 3000 grafts. This is the final result after one year.

The patient will return in the winter to cover the remaining balding areas, probably another round of about 2500 grafts.

2019-07-10 (8).png

Just after the treatment of 3000 grafts:

2019-07-10 (7).png

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Forgot this picture from the frontal view.
Please note the after pictures where provided by the patient.

2019-07-10 (9).png

R

reddwarf

Approximately what percentage of ISHRS members now use this punch in 2019 ?

S

SeanFUE

Truly looks like a one of a kind system. I spoke to many docs in US using it. System looks different. Had my scalp impacted by SAFE system and U punch/system later on. I actually had exposure on my scalp to both those punches/systems. My results are not one that any person would want on their scalp right now It seems.

Maybe my result would have been different with Dr Devroyes system? Who knows, unless surgery is done on my scalp to compare yields. A better yield on my scalp can assist in differentiating one of a kind punch/system and different quality overall to others. I know Dr Rahal uses WAW now and praised it when reached out to him.