• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Thinking about hair transplant, need an advice

B

Bata

Hello all :)
First of all, i am very happy i am here, with all of you who experience hair loss up to some extent.
My name is Bata. I am 40 years old.
My hair loss is big, somewhere around Norwood 5a or up to maybe even 6.
I would like to read your opinion on my donor area quality.
I don't want to use any medication, including prp injections. I believe that would only mask the problem and i would be forced to use those medications for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• 20210814_182519.jpg
    20210814_182519.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 20210814_182545.jpg
    20210814_182545.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20210814_200732.jpg
    20210814_200732.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 154
B

Bata

No advice actually, but opinion. Please, it would mean a lot to me.

Techno1

Techno1

Being 40 is still fairly young and your loss has already reached a Norwood 5 and has a high chance of continuing.
You could go for Fue or strip but run the risk of losing any number of the grafts further down the line.
Your donor looks it could support 4000 plus grafts which could really help change your appearance.

B

Bata

Thank you for your answer :)
However, 4000+ grafts? I believe that taking so many grafts would be over harvesting.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor looks thinner with wet hair. Have you pictures with it dry?
Without meds, you run the risk of losing more hair which makes having a hair transplant a leap of faith.
If you opted for FUT and your hair drops further on the back snd sides you run the risk of the scar being exposed. Same with FUE, scars will be on show if you lose more.
What is it you would like to achieve with a hair transplant? What would be your expectations and goals?

B

Bata

My goal is to cover scalp and crown with the hair of average density (i can't expect more due to limited donor area).

Attachments

• 20210817_081922.jpg
    20210817_081922.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20210817-083150_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-083150_Gallery.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20210817-083200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-083200_Gallery.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20210817-083219_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-083219_Gallery.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 131
Techno1

Techno1

FUT is probably your best choice. What density do you consider to be average?

B

Bata

I am not considering FUT, due to post op scar.
Average hair density means, for example, that scalp can still be seen beneath the hair, but nothing instantly as it is now. I wouldn't be bald, far from it, but i wouldn't have thickness as i used to have when i was 20 years old either.

B

Bata

Have you reached out to any clinics for an appraisal?
Yes. I went to the hospital in the city where i work, in China. They told me only 800-1000 grafts can be used from the back of my head. However, i got an impression they were either too conservative or incompetent. I can't say something else, really. They rejected any possibility of body hair transplant, they were not informed about Propecia (even when i showed them picture of the medicine!) and they don't perform PRP procedure. I clearly asked if there was a way to improve my donor area, however i was left without answer. And this is a hospital with quite a good reputation (for its general service), at least in this province where i am currently...

Last edited:
B

Bata

And i speak Chinese.

EDIT: I am planning to go to one private clinic for a second opinion, as soon as it reopens (closed now due to COVID-19 sudden surge).

Last edited:
Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Hi,
Unfortunately you have an advanced level of hair loss, most likely genetically.
In that case you will suffer more hair loss since you are unwilling to use any kind of medication to stop the hair loss process.

In my opinion, that is a 100% lost battle if you are going for hair surgery.

Most of our clients with a similar hair loss pattern, and unwilling to strenghten the existing hairs, end up shaving all hair and either accept the bald look, or perform hair pigmentation (which is great for those with advanced hair loss).

B

Bata

Thank you very much for your answer. I have better understanding of the problem now. I would probably reconsider using PRP after transplant, but i would like to wait for consultation in person, to hear one more opinion, so i could make the best decision possible.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Bata, I would disregard the first clinic you consulted with.
Which part of China are you at?

Techno1

Techno1

Yes. I went to the hospital in the city where i work, in China. They told me only 800-1000 grafts can be used from the back of my head. However, i got an impression they were either too conservative or incompetent. I can't say something else, really. They rejected any possibility of body hair transplant, they were not informed about Propecia (even when i showed them picture of the medicine!) and they don't perform PRP procedure. I clearly asked if there was a way to improve my donor area, however i was left without answer. And this is a hospital with quite a good reputation (for its general service), at least in this province where i am currently...

I do not think you would be happy with that number of grafts. It would not make a significant impact, leaving you dissatisfied.

You could ask on the Chinese forum for a reputable clinic and then report back here with your findings.

B

Bata

Thank you. I checked the hospital rating and the clinic i have contact with is at the third place (Barley clinic). I wanted to go to Nanjing, to visit their branch, but i was told later that it got temporarily closed due to pandemic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-113126_WeChat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-113126_WeChat.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210819-113050_WeChat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-113050_WeChat.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 122
katiesmith

katiesmith

Take your time researching and don’t rush into surgery.

Last edited:
B

Bata

Thank you. I will ask anything comes to mind during consultation and let you know what i was told.