• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Traction alopecia 7 mth update (896 beard + 2254 scalp FUSE grafts)

Dr. A s Clinic

Dr. A s Clinic

Valued member
Dear readers,

Patient is an Australia based person of Indian origin.

This patient was suffering from traction alopecia and went for 3150 FUSE grafts (2254 scalp grafts + 896 beard grafts).

Video available at http://vimeo.com/3351175 7 months after his transplant, the patient is happy with the results.

Beard donor area picture immediately after extraction of grafts

Pictures of the beard donor area 7 months after

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Looking very good at the 7 month mark.

Is traction alopecia very common in Indian guys,is it caused by the headwear they use and if so are they advised not to wear it anymore after their HT.

Thanks bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I love this result. Looks great. I too would like to know what you recommend to patients post op.

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
V

A lovely result...

I must admit that mention / use of beard hair seems very uncommon... yet the results speak for themselves... excellent..

Why is beard hair not used more for HT's. I would have thought it would have been a great help to people with very low donor supplies... for example in a case where someone has had poor quality results from a previous HT... I would have thought that beard hair at the very least could help with covering up bad donor scars ?

Another question I would like to ask... does beard hair take the same amount of time to start as the usual transplanted hair... also I guess it grows quicker and therefore trips to to the hair dressers are more frequent ?

Tim