• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Travelling after a H.T?

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Iv read many times of peoples experiences of how they travelled after a H.T but i admit it scares the shit out of me.For many reasons ,having a operation then flying shortly after.Also the stigma of maybe having to show whats under the bandana or cap doesnt go to well either.Ive seen the only way i can get to Brussels without paying ridiculous ammounts is with a connecting flight,which now adds lengh to the flight..
Has anyone any bad experiences of flying/airports after a H.T?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Zion

Can you not get a train from your place to Belgium.

As for the Airports,i would not worry about it as no one takes any notice of you as everyone is in a hurry etc.If it really concerns you,just contact a member of airport security and let them know you`ve had surgery.They will probably have a look in a side room and thats all.

It really is a breeze going through security,check in etc.

bm.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I see i started this thread last year my initial fears of travelling through sercurity after a h.t . Well luckily your right it was a breeze other than i left my phone in my pocket going through the detecter . Anyone else worried about the same thing really no need to worry...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad it all went smoothly for you Zion.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Has anyone been through the new body scanners at the airports after a H.T yet, wonder how the staples show up?

R

Ricky

I had a trans Atlantic flight 2days after my HT. I was wearing a cap. No one seemed curious, not even the passenger sitting next to me. I had to go trough immigration in US. They asked me to takeout my cap, as they wanted a picture. He didn't ask any question about the way I was looking. However, security ppl in India inquired about the way my head was looking. They were curious to know, whether the results would last life time.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Many patients of ours have gone through the security scanners after having staples - it's never been a problem. The alarm is not alerted at all.

The 4oz liquid limit could cause a problems for our patients carrying our 6oz bottles of Graftcyte spray, however, we provide a letter for the security agents and it's not a problem as a carry on.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
zionaxel wrote:
Has anyone been through the new body scanners at the airports after a H.T yet, wonder how the staples show up?

They never mentioned anything to me when i had my staples in, i would love to know what they look like on the scanner.

J

Jessop

Valued member
Can you wear a cap after a ht? I thought you'd have to make sure nothing touches the grafts.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yes if it's loose fitting and some clinics can provide headwear if requested.