• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

True & Dorin: Transplant or Propecia?

• Thread starter True and Dorin Medical Group
  • Start date
True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
I wanted to share this result with everyone as I think its important to understand how effective Propecia has the potential to be in addition to hair transplantation or as a stand alone remedy. Dr. Dorin did recommend the option of larger FUT but strongly urged the patient to consider medical therapy and I would say the patient is very glad he took that advice. Of course, this type of transformation is not to be expected in every case but often with a diffuse or miniturized balding pattern like below we see meaningful cosmetic improvement.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That's got to be the best result i have ever seen from Propecia, great photo documentation, i realise thats not the norm but nevertheless is still incredible and shows it's possible.

Thankyou very much for posting this.

BN;)

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Very nice P!. What a lucky guy to get such re-growth from meds. This is why we recommend patients at least try it. If no sides, then why not use it.

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
I agree as I had similar results after raising my dose from 1mg to 2.5mg of Proscar..I was on it for 8 years with no trouble/sides

However after the 8th year i switched to the generic ( 2 years ago) and started loosing ground over the past year and a half.....Not sure if it was the generic meds or not but just switched back to Proscar this week just in case..

Ill give it 6 months to see.........

Valued member
thanks for commenting.....this is certainly extraodinary change - just thought it would be near to show but this extent of change is definitely atypical, particularly in the frontal region