• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Turkish Hair Transplant Clinics

M

Maximus1986

Turkish Hair Transplant
Hi all,​
Does anyone have any experience with Turkish clinics/transplants?​
Usual story applies, looked at UK HT many years ago but put off by cost.​
I was told about a particular company in Istanbul, but upon research there's hundreds and hundreds, and it's a complete minefield.​
The companies/DRs I'm looking at through research are as follows:​
Cosmedic/Dr Acar​
GetHair/Dr Tayfun​
Dr Serkin Aygin Clinic​
Dr Cinik (probably not now)​
Clinmedica/Dr Gokhan Yildiz​
Dr Oclay Saygin​
I have also looked at Drs Haykan Dogonay, Koray Erdogan and AEK. I have been in touch with the first two, but they're well out my price range unfortunately (looking around £7-8k!!).​
If anyone has any advice, or experience please share!!​
Many thanks​

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to comment on patient threads who have documented their Ht with clinics you mention.

How many grafts have you been quoted?
What is your current hair loss situation?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
I think you need to list out your priorities with regards to what you want as a result. Keep cost out of the consideration for now.

Do you want naturalness? In other words, do you want it to look like you've had a hair transplant or do you not care about having a corn row hairline and think that density and/or coverage are all that matters?

Watch this video if you want to learn what "natural" looks like. More importantly, if you want to know what UNnatural looks like.

Do you care if a technician does most or all of the work or would you feel more comfortable with having a doctor performing most of the procedure?

Are you finding clinics that have mainly Instagram results shared, or tout their "Whatclinic" reviews? You can't judge what looks good or not using Instagram. It's a small image, even on the biggest phones. "Whatclinic" is a pay to play review site and there are few safeguards in place to prevent fraud.

Speak to patients but even if they give a great report, look at their results and ask if it meets your criteria for what looks good.

Once you answer the questions for yourself and you get a sense of what this all means, then consider the cost. I know cost is a big deal but this is a procedure that you shouldn't rush into and if you find a clinic that you feel is best for your needs but they're out of your budget, start saving. If you don't like the result from a clinic that you can afford, the repair will wind up costing you more than had you done it right the first time.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Have you looked at HLC Clinic in Turkey, their results look impressive.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
How many grafts you looking to get.....surely for 7 to 8k you could get a HT at AEK/Doganay etc.

M

Maximus1986

Thank you all for your replies. I have watched the video, thanks Joe.

I have been quoted for between 2800 and 4500 grafts, most commonly around 3500/4000.

Yes Bullinut, I'm saying Doganay/Erdogan are like £7/8000... too much for me to justify that.

R

reddwarf

I'm by no means at all an expert but looking around this forum Cosmedica from your list have some good results on here Maximus1986.

M

Maximus1986

In response to my own thread, I booked and went with Dr Erkan Demirsoy. I will try to write a post soon, as I know how hard it is researching and want to help others out.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Maximus. I hope your surgery went well. I`ll look forward to reading about it when you document your journey.
All the best.
Bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In response to my own thread, I booked and went with Dr Erkan Demirsoy. I will try to write a post soon, as I know how hard it is researching and want to help others out.
Any chance you could share your story?