• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

UK Hair clinics

A

Aladdinsane

Hello all, this is my first post in this forum. I have a surgery scheduled soon with UK Hair Clinics, but am beginning to have a few doubts. I’ve been assigned Dr Manish Mittal.

My first video consultation went well and I found it very informative. However, I then started to receive quite pushy calls for a guy explaining that the discounted price I had been offered (due to covid) was only valid for two weeks and so I should pay a deposit soon. I did this, and recently had a face to face consultation with a technician/consultant.

He used cling film, a marker pen, and graph paper to estimate the number of grafts I’d need, approx 1,800 for the front only. I didn’t find him very professional.

I researched the surgeon, and found that I could go to him directly and get a video consultation, as well as a lower price. I then had contact with someone via surgerygroup.com to arrange this consultation who was...less than professional, and the surgeon didn’t turn up to the video call.

So, I’m now feeling a bit in limbo, and suppose have a few questions.

Has anyone had experience good or bad of UK Hair Clinics or Dr Manish Mittal?

Any recommendations of alternative clinics or surgeons for frontal surgery only?

Thanks in advance.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve not heard of a consultation and graft estimate carried out in this manner. If you are in doubt you may not be ready for surgery. There are UK clinics in the clinic section further down the forum you can view and consult with.
The doctor you mention seems to work freelance at various places. It`s claimed he was trained in FUE by Dr Tayfun, maybe ask how long this training took.
Here is a UK hair transplant patient that's just updated. Maybe post on his thread and ask him some questions.
Hair transplant patient

How old are you?
Have you any pictures to show your hair loss?
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?

A

Aladdinsane

I`ve not heard of a consultation and graft estimate carried out in this manner. If you are in doubt you may not be ready for surgery. There are UK clinics in the clinic section further down the forum you can view and consult with.
The doctor you mention seems to work freelance at various places. It`s claimed he was trained in FUE by Dr Tayfun, maybe ask how long this training took.
Here is a UK hair transplant patient that's just updated. Maybe post on his thread and ask him some questions.
Hair transplant patient

How old are you?
Have you any pictures to show your hair loss?
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?
Hello, thanks for the quick response.

I’ve had a look around this forum and have seen some other surgeon options. I had a read through the forum you’ve put a link too also, it was useful, thanks.

In answer to your questions:
I’m 35
I use minoxidil
I’ve ordered Finasteride.

5FD5FE77-4306-4313-BCE1-95021EEEEDFA.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Having a few consults and having them directly with the doctor is best if it's possible.
I'd estimate you need between 1500 - 2000 grafts. This is just my guess. A doctor will give you a better indication and they'll check your donor availability.
Was your donor checked/examined?
Finasteride has worked very well for me. There is a small chance of sides but for me, it was worth taking it.
Hopefully, you're a good responder to your regimen.

A

Aladdinsane

Hello, thanks for the quick response.

I’ve had a look around this forum and have seen some other surgeon options. I had a read through the forum you’ve put a link too also, it was useful, thanks.

In answer to your questions:
I’m 35
I use minoxidil
I’ve ordered Finasteride.View attachment 20779
Having a few consults and having them directly with the doctor is best if it's possible.
I'd estimate you need between 1500 - 2000 grafts. This is just my guess. A doctor will give you a better indication and they'll check your donor availability.
Was your donor checked/examined?
Finasteride has worked very well for me. There is a small chance of sides but for me, it was worth taking it.
Hopefully, you're a good responder to your regimen.
Is it best to have consults directly with the dr due to lower price and a clearer treatment plan?

My donor area was checked at my face to face consultation. I was told I had a good donor area.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some consultants are very knowledgable and can provide most of the information required. It's down to the you as an individual if you meet with a consultant and the doctor. Some clinics don't have consultants, some charge for consults and some don't.
What is important is not being rushed. Taking your time to feel confident you've made the right decision. If in doubt, take a step back and reassess.
How was your donor checked?
How does your crown look?

A

Aladdinsane

The first consultation I met (via video call) was very informative. The second one I met face to face felt quite rushed and I felt less confident with him. I paid a deposit, but can get all but £100 of it back, so am looking at other clinics on this forum now. It can feel like a big of a minefield, so I`m grateful for this forum. I’ve attached a photo of crown area.

DC891A57-28F2-4E4B-AECF-FA6852972132.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is a big decision you have to make. Your hairline is what most people look at, so you want it as naturally as possible. The doctor you were scheduled with may do a good job but you need to be fully confident he is the right choice for you.

It`s good that they`ll refund most of your deposit.

Your crown could respond well to Finasteride, mine did. If you can stop or slow the loss down it`s working but you may also regrow miniaturised hairs which could potentially fill in your crown.

Look through the patient posted results from various clinics. You will be able to ask them questions and get their feedback.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Finasteride has worked great for my hair with the crown being the best. You have to give it 6 to 12 months but it’s worth the wait.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi dude, welcome to the forum....I noticed you're in Hampshire, if I were in your shoes I'd 100 percent go for a consultation with the Maitland Clinic they are World Class and based in Hampshire.

A

Aladdinsane

Hi dude, welcome to the forum....I noticed you're in Hampshire, if I were in your shoes I'd 100 percent go for a consultation with the Maitland Clinic they are World Class and based in Hampshire.
Hello, thanks for the tip. I have looked into them, but I think they’re a bit too expensive for me.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Hello all, this is my first post in this forum. I have a surgery scheduled soon with UK Hair Clinics, but am beginning to have a few doubts. I’ve been assigned Dr Manish Mittal.

My first video consultation went well and I found it very informative. However, I then started to receive quite pushy calls for a guy explaining that the discounted price I had been offered (due to covid) was only valid for two weeks and so I should pay a deposit soon. I did this, and recently had a face to face consultation with a technician/consultant.

He used cling film, a marker pen, and graph paper to estimate the number of grafts I’d need, approx 1,800 for the front only. I didn’t find him very professional.

I researched the surgeon, and found that I could go to him directly and get a video consultation, as well as a lower price. I then had contact with someone via surgerygroup.com to arrange this consultation who was...less than professional, and the surgeon didn’t turn up to the video call.

Any recommendations of alternative clinics or surgeons for frontal surgery only?

Thanks in advance.
Any clinic that advertises a "special" in general should be avoided. Add to that, a two week window to take advantage of a special based on a pandemic that has lasted over a year now is a silly and short sighted, if not amateurish, sales tactic.

Since you've only just now ordered finasteride, having surgery anytime soon isn't a good idea as the use of finasteride may be so beneficial that any surgery you have will be smaller than what you'd have today without finasteride. I'd also recommend investigating non-surgical options, and yes even for the hairline area, that will help you avoid getting cut for as long as possible.

A

Aladdinsane

Any clinic that advertises a "special" in general should be avoided. Add to that, a two week window to take advantage of a special based on a pandemic that has lasted over a year now is a silly and short sighted, if not amateurish, sales tactic.

Since you've only just now ordered finasteride, having surgery anytime soon isn't a good idea as the use of finasteride may be so beneficial that any surgery you have will be smaller than what you'd have today without finasteride. I'd also recommend investigating non-surgical options, and yes even for the hairline area, that will help you avoid getting cut for as long as possible.
Hello, thanks for your comment. I agree with you regarding the discount, it started to feel like a sales technique, and is one of the reasons I am no longer going ahead with that particular company.

Can I ask what non surgical options you’d recommend?

K

KCJones

If you have any dobuts about a clinic, don't get it done there

Take your time and see if you can save a bit more to go somewhere your happy with

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
None surgical options to consider is the hair loss medications such as Minoxidil and Propecia. A minimum of 6 months use usually indicates if you're responding to their usage.

I

Imi1811

I am too looking into a hair transplant having had ongoing hair loss for the last 7 years. I am 32 years of age. Have gradual hair loss. I found Dr Manish Mittal and booked a consultation directly with him. It cost £50. But we went through things in detail and he was not pushy. In fact he encouraged me to speak to other surgeons directly to gain a consensus and then pick what was right for me.

Anyway have a look through some of his reviews on Doctify and most people have described positive experiences.

I

Imi1811

Thanks in advance.
Can you describe your experience with surgery group as i was planning on getting a quote with them. What was unprofessional?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Doctify where reviews have to be approved by the actual doctor!! He has a fair number of reviews on there.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Doctify isn't a reliable source for reviews imo....theres a lot of shady characters in this industry so make really sure you read between the lines and research the hell out of every aspect of any hair transplant clinics you’re considering before pulling any triggers is my advice as I like many have been stung by one of many cowboys in the past.

I

Imi1811

No I looked into Doctify. You are sent a link which allows you to leave feedback after the surgery. You then have to type you’re number in for your review to be verified. A verification link is sent to your phone number to ensure its validity. And its anonymous. So there’s a positibe. I don’t mind leaving a review with my name on it, but i can understand why some would not want to but still want to share their experience.

if you want to find out more you can ask them a question yourself. But lots of high profile plastic surgeons and clinics appear to be using this method of obtaining reviews

Anyway my point is that i had a consultation with him. Really liked his honesty. Was not pushy in the slightest and has given me time to go away and think about it.

He too mentioned Finasteride and minoxidil as a good non-surgical element. I asked about prp, and he explained the evidence is limited and no big studies have been completed on it.

Last edited: