• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

UK Patient -FUE hairline w/Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
26 Yr Old UK Patient - Received 1318 grafts via FUE with Dr. Ron Shapiro. He will be updating us with his progress.

Unless the session size is scheduled for 800 grafts or less via FUE, we like our FUE session to be scheduled for 2 or 3 days. We go about performing this surgery at a relaxed pace. With this method, the grafts are planted straight away.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide1-1.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Be great to follow his progress, glad you guys and gals are chillaxed whilst performing your procedures.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
superb as always,very clean and imo the shorter hair suits him ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very good,nice and clean.

This should produce a great looking hairline.Do you have the graft breakdown for this.

Thanks bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Here a bit more info -

1's - 661
2's - 657
Total Grafts=1318 Total Hairs: 1981
Approximately 45-55 grafts planted per cm2

Newest set of pics taken this morning - 3 days post op. You can see the difference from Friday's pictures how much the redness has subsided in the transplanted area.

For the donor - the center area was used for extracting the first day, right side 2nd day and then left side on 3rd day.

Slide1-2.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the extra pictures,the redness has subsided quite a bit.His donor area looks to be healing nicely too.

bm.

U

UserM

Valued member
Hi Janna,

Im currently researching to find a doctor with a high standard of of hairline work via FUE. Dr Ron Shapiro certainly seems to be excellent in this area. I would just like to enquiry the prices for an FUE procedure, (price per graft). Also does the price lower depending on the number of grafts the patient requires.

I have also read somwhere that SMG provide special offers for overseas patients, if so what may this be.

My questions are strictly related to the finance area because from Dr Ron Shapiros work I am very certain that his work is top class and dont have many questions in this area right now.

To give you an idea of what my current position is as follows:-

I would say that I am in the position of about Nwd1 and Nwd2. My case in comparison with this patient is that I have do not have as much hair loss. I have small hairloss around the hairline. I would like to have grafts to restore the hairline and maybe lower the hairline a little and raise temples a little.

In my estimation this would be around 1500 grafts, Does this sound about right (i know it is difficult to answer without pics), from your expert knowledge?.

Also what are the differences in quality of work and expertise between Dr Ron Shapiro and Dr Paul Shapiro as his work also looks very impressive. Again are there any price differences between both Dr's?

Thanks.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi UserM,

It's definately difficult to assess how much work you need without pictures. And whether Dr. Ron or Dr. Paul will feel comfortable lowering your hairline will depend largely on your age. Our price for FUE is $6 per graft with a $500 discount for travel if your session is 1000 grafts or larger. I know the discount isn't very much but our FUE prices are lower than most FUE clinics in US.

Could you send some photos (straight on face shot, two sides, top down) to [email protected] along with your name, address and phone number and date of birth? I can reply with much better details of what we'd be able to achieve for you. Thanks for your interest in SMG.

J

JumpingHair

Valued member
The work looks good! Janna were the graphts placed using the lateral slit method? Also does the patient have any update photos?

thanks

JH

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi JH,

Some incisions for 2 or 3 hair grafts may have been Lateral. I`m not 100% sure, however, i am sure that the incisions for the 1`s are Sagital. This patient is approaching 4 month`s, hopefully he will send progress pictures.

Hope you are doing well.

B

Barren

Valued member
Hi Janna,
I was wondering if you ever received an update from this patient?
I'd be nice to see how it turned out

Thanks!

M

ms8172

Valued member
Janna, do you have any updates from this patient?

Thanks,

janna

janna

Valuable Member
It's been quite awhile since we've heard from this patient. I believe the last time he emailed me was around his 6 month's mark. He seemed really pleased with the progress up to that point and stated he'd send some pics but he was travelling a lot and would send when he found time. Perhaps if he still reads this forum, he'll update us. Thanks for the interest.

M

ms8172

Valued member
Janna,

Thanks for the follow up. Why wouldn't your practice call the patient and see how he's doing? What's wrong with that? I'm sure you have his phone numbers...

janna

janna

Valuable Member
We send out a reminder letter at 6 months and 1 year post op for patients to contact us for follow up appointments. The amount of times we communicate with our patients over the course of their 1 yr progress varies from patient to patient. Getting a HT is very private to some patients while others are more open about it. We leave it up to the patients to contact us after our initial email reminders. With this patient from another country and the time difference, we don't like to bother them unless it's an emergency. I don't mind sendng another email as they can either address it or ignore it but we don't like to call them for their privacy sake.

M

ms8172

Valued member
Janna,

Did you ever get any updates from this patient?? Would like to see more of this stuff on the Internet.

R

richfrog

Valued member
Did you ever get an update on this one janna? Must be fully grown out now, placement looked perfect.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
When we last spoke he said he was very happy with his result and that he'd send pics but we've never received any. I've reached out to him again to see if he can send photos since people are still interested. I will post on another thread some of the results we have of our FUE results.