• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

UK/US economy

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How is everyone finding the current economy crisis.

It seems there are companies closing down everywhere and ultimately people losing their jobs.

How are your shares holding up.

Cheers bm.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
To be honest we seem to have more work than ever at the moment... but the majority is school work... and its essential work to keep the schools running..

As for others in the construction trade... I must receive a couple fo phone calls everyday from tradesmen looking for work or wholesalers offering bigger discounts... I really do think that things are very bad out there and there is not going to be a "quick fix"...

As for shares..... last time I looked at mine I cried !!... Have decided to leave them alone and not bother to even look for a least a couple of years !!

Tim;;D

D

DnA

Valued member
I was looking to sell my house with a view to buying a bigger one but with the market being on the floor that will have to wait for a couple of years!

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I work for a blue chip IT company and it €™s hit our company real hard during the past 4 months, the company has made 500 people redundant and I €™ve had to relocate from Staffordshire to South Wales which I €™m actually quite happy about because I €™m welsh and prefer to speak the lingo down here (Yes I know I €™m a sheep shagger lol) although I €™ve replaced a guy who got made redundant down here which isn't very nice, so there €™s a slight animosity towards me at the moment. Like Tim said I think the trades are being hit the most though.

Hopefully things will get better sooner rather than later. Although if our Government keeps borrowing at the rate it is at the moment, I fear that we may be living in a third world country this time next year. So i'm looking at immigrating to oz at the moment.

Shang

Last edited:
lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
Shang wrote:
So i'm looking at immigrating to oz at the moment.
Come on down - you can crash on my couch :T:

Might wanna wait a couple of years until we can vote Rudd out though - he's a f*@#ing clown...;;::::/

timuk

timuk

DNA...

Strange as it may sound, now is a good time to trade up. I am looking to do this and have started looking around for a new house... but I think it would be a good idea to wait until the end of this year as I do think prices will continue to fall.

Its a simple fact of mathmatics...

Say your house was worth £200,000 before the drop... say its dropped in value 20%... now its worth £160,000...

Now... a house that was worth £400,000 would have dropped to £320,000...

You have lost £40,000 on your current house but your "bigger" house is now £80,000 cheaper...

Meaning you will have saved yourself £40,000 buying now rather than before the fall.....

Oz... yep I would love to move there...I do have relatives and had the chance to move years ago... but did not ;;D

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I am very blessed but things are certainly grim. I feel for people right now. Personally though I think that it had to happen. What goes up must come down and things have been doing so well for years.

I know that here in the US we have had things far too good. It is crazy to think that people were building huge homes, driving $75,000 cars, buying all the toys, cottages up north, etc.

We are getting a reality check and as much as it sucks, I really hope that it brings back common sense and a more simplistic way of life.

NN

timuk

timuk

NN...

You are right... reality sucks but in real terms it means going without all the things we do not need....

I have just realised that I am still caught up in the "material" desires trap which I will admit is against what my supposed "new life" and "less stress" path was supposed to follow....

Even now I see an opportunity for causing more stress... in my post above I mention the opportunity to move to a bigger house... but even with the benefits I mention it still means a bigger mortgage, bigger bills etc etc.... so... just changed my mind.

Life should be about family and the things we need....

I had noticed in the UK a few years ago how things had changed. I was sitting in a traffic jam and it suddenly occured to me that there were no "old" cars anywhere to be seen.... 5 years before I would have seen a mix of new, old and very old cars....and this change seemed to have happened very quickly.

The slower and change the more stable things tend to be... this bubble grew very fast and so we should have been ready for it to burst just as quickly.

So... going to start that "material object" free lifestyle I crave... just need to buy that Hummer and 60 inch plasma then all will be well
:):):)

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
timuk wrote:
So... going to start that "material object" free lifestyle I crave... just need to buy that Hummer and 60 inch plasma then all will be well
:):):)
'''ss'' Me and NN giving you a reality clunk on the head. You crack me up, Timbo.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I also believe that things were way tooo easy for many businesses and this forces all of us to become more efficient and go back to business basics of providing an exceptional service at a fair price.

Some businesses had it so easy. They just charged whatever the hell they wanted, provided shitty service and/or products and they raked in the profits. That shit isn't going to happen anymore. If businesses were surviving by charging ludicrous amounts of money and expecting people to go on paying these amounts, they are screwed. Hotels charging $300-400 for someone to sleep there overnight comes to mind.

NN

O

ozzy

Valued member
shang i have just moved to oz so if you want to know what to expect give me a buzz :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ozzy

What is the economy like there in OZ,are you having the same issues.

O

ozzy

Valued member
bm

things here are not as bad as uk, but who knows really were it all is going, politicians here say that they are in a better position than most because they are very close to china and that helps , but im glad that we came back when we did

cheers Z:B

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I watch lots of programs on tv about Brits emigrating to Australia and what i`ve seen it looks great there.

Hopefully you wont experience this slump.

Cheers bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my half yearly ISA statement and its lost nearly £2000 in 6 months.;;D

L

littlemiss

Valued member
The banks are not in a good way here (in the UK) The general feeling is not good - especially since the taxpayer has had to bail them out, and they are still considering paying out bonuses!

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The economic stability in the US keeps getting so much worse. Any of you remember me saying that I thought that the NY Exchange would get to 6500? Seems to be heading there. I was also giving advise for people to buy commodities especially gold and silver--- they have both taken off. Hopefully some people listened to silly old Nelly.:)

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Never listened to you NN.;;D

Wish i had.

Have you made much.:)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Bigmac--certainly not cool to discuss amounts, but yes I had purchased silver. Didn't buy nearly what I wanted to as where do you store large $ amounts? Safety deposit boxes are only so big and silver bars are heavy. Also, what if I was wrong?'''ss''Anyways, still believe that all are a good deal and will keep rising. Platinum is a great investment as it is half of what it was but who can afford it?*nl

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea see your point re the amounts,i gues i better go stock up the safe with Platinum and Gold bullion.:)