• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Update: Tranquillo's Results of 2 Sessions - Dr. Paul Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Some of you may recall a patient of SMG who posts by the name Tranquillo -

Update: 2nd Session with Dr. Paul Shapiro €“ Total from 2 Sessions: 4769 Grafts/9541 Hairs

First Session: July 19, 2007 €“ 2934 Gr/5936 Hairs to his frontal half.

This patient had tremendous growth at 6 months from his first surgery. The ISHRS board members hand selected this case to be showcased in their educational infomercial to be used for the general public about hair restoration. By the time the event came around, this patient was at 9 months post op participated in a video interview in Orlando in March of 2008. SMG was also asked to do a live surgery demo on a new patient for the same video.

Second Session: June 26, 2008 €“ 1835 Grafts/3605 Hairs

A second session was planned from the beginning to address his crown and to lower his hairline. Feel free to ask any questions to Tranquillo. He says he'll make himself available to address any questions.

Slide1-2.jpg

Slide2-2.jpg

Slide3-2.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I've seen this case before and it is a fabulous result. What a dramatic transformation for him with a relatively lower number of FU given his degree of hairloss. He looks like he almost has a full head of hair. Very cool.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking very good from bald to a great head of hair.

Tranquillo,i cant remember if you are taking any meds to prevent future loss.Is this the case?

Be good to hear how you are doing now.

Thanks bm.

tranquillo

tranquillo

Valued member
I €™m Brad Becker (aka €œTranquillo €), a 48 year-old patient of Dr. Paul Shapiro of the Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota. It's great to see pics of my results posted on this web site!

My initial procedure was performed in the summer of 2007. Since 2007, I €™ve taken finasteride and apply minoxidil on a routine basis.

I couldn €™t be more pleased with the natural-looking results of my ht procedure. I feel younger, I €™m more confident at work and in social situations and I receive compliments on my appearance. I had gradually lost my hair over a couple of decades, but by the time I reached my mid-thirties, my hair loss impacted my appearance and outlook. I had become frustrated and felt that my appearance did not match my overall personality. As a result, my sense of well being was compromised. I was in my forties when a friend suggested a hair transplant as an option. I did some research and realized that I didn €™t have to live like this.

In addition to being an esteemed, experienced and highly skilled physician, Dr. Paul Shapiro is incredibly personable and gracious with patients, conveying a calm, yet confident demeanor. He answered all of my questions to my satisfaction in an understandable, concise manner.

I was so delighted with my initial ht procedure that I had an auxiliary procedure to the temples and crown of my head in the summer of 2008.

Since my procedures, my day-to-day quality of life has improved; it €™s like I €™ve got a new lease on life. I consider my investment in hair restoration as money well spent.

I'm extremely fortunate to have chosen Dr. Shapiro to perform my hair transplant procedures and therefore am open to responding to specific questions about my personal experiences with the Shapiro Medical Group.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear from you Brad.I`m pleased your new hair has given you a new lease of life.

It is a very good result Dr Paul has achieved for you.

Cheers bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Brad for sharing your experience with everyone. I know people like to hear how things are directly from actual patients. You seem to have a very busy schedule but don't be a stranger now that you have your hair restored.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
hi Brad.

I`ve moved your post to the patient section.

I guess you thanked your friend a lot for introducing you to the idea of a HT.

Had your friend been down the HT route?

Thanks bm.

tranquillo

tranquillo

Valued member
Bigmac,

Actually, the friend who introduced the hair transplant option to me is a woman with a full head of beautiful blond hair! And yes, I'm deeply indebted to her!!

Brad

tranquillo

tranquillo

Valued member
She informed me that her long-time hair stylist had recently received a transplant and she was very impressed with his results.

Masher

Masher

Thanks for you informative post Brad...excellent results by the way...top banana stuff in fact!!!
As a soon to be patient of Sir Ron and with similar hair characteristics to your good self..it never ceases to amaze me, how in the hands of a truly skilled artist..so little can be made to look like so much!
In his own right Dr Paul is emerging from under the shadow of his Excellent and world leading brother-establishing himself and his reputation right up there as one of the VERY best in the field of HR.I particularly like the work that Paul does with the temple areas-closing them off and creating a wider fuller looking hairline.
Well done in choosing a superb surgeon and getting an incredible and undetectable result!
Chapeau dude!
Mash

tranquillo

tranquillo

Valued member
Thanks for your kind words, Mash. Wishing you all the best on your forthcoming procedure with Dr. Ron Shapiro! I'm confident you will be thrilled with your results.

Brad

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Tranquillo....

I also remember your pics from awhile ago... great transformation and as you mention.. a great investment.... cant put a price of happiness

(well... you can price one sort of happiness... seem to remember it cost around £20 a dance.....)

Grow well..

Tim :)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Brad,

Any chance of you sending updated pics or coming by SMG to take new pics? It's been often stated that grafts into crown areas take longer to grow so it'd be nice to check if there are any changes since the 11 months post op stage. Hope you're having a great summer.

-J

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Brad for promptly sending new pics with this reply to my email -

"Hi Janna. Thanks for checking in on my progress. I'm thrilled with the results from my two transplants. Here are pics that a co-worker took this morning. It's now been about 13 months since my second procedure. Hope all's well in your world, Janna!My very best,"

FrontofHead.jpg

BackofHead.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great Brad,good to see you smiling away.

I take it that your co worker knows about your HT,what do they say about it?

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

bm.