• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

URGENTLY in need of good advice please.

D

Desperado

Firstly, many thanks to the guys who run this site and to those who give their time to help blokes like me. I could ramble on and probably will but in an attempt to keep it brief:-

Background.

Balding since 16. Tried Minoxidil :( . Now 46 and Norwood Va to VI. I try to minimise DHT production herbally and I am genuinely depressed about aproaching the stage VII Willie Thorn look. As a consequence I have started a bilateral mini Bobby Charlton which is starting to look and feel stupid when wet and windy. My aim is therefore to add some hair at the sides from the temples to the crown and improve the appearance of my hair in side profile, thus allowing a shorter cut. I have IMO a poor donor site and I am definitely losing hair above my ear which I would like to supplement with chest hair (not in great supply either)

Since I may have to accept a shave in future FUE seems the best option but I have been shocked by the 'attacked by cheese grater' appearance immediately post op. Right now I am between jobs and so it would seem an ideal time for a HT.

I had a consult in March (not impressed by rep) and have been offered a cancellation appointment with Dr Reddy COSMETIC MEDICAL GROUP PLUS for 1000hairs for 3K with money back offer? Does anyone have any experience of this firm (good testimonials on their site but no before and after pics ?) It is worrying that this forum gives UK HT clinics a blanket bad press with a few exceptions. As a newbie to this, what could I live to regret if I go for the offer? Any advice greatly appreciated.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi desperado, never heard of this doc, no before and after pics from this company, personally i would stay well clear, lots of good docs on this forum, take your time and make the right decision, post some pics of your current position, a bad ht is worse then a bald head IMO regards NCB

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Desperado wrote:
Dr Reddy COSMETIC MEDICAL GROUP PLUS for 1000hairs for 3K with money back offer?
I whole heartedly agree with NCB when he says being bald is far better than a bad ht. To get a repair is more costly in many ways.

Be careful of clinics who give you the price of "hairs" instead of grafts. On average, a patient's average hairs from grafts are 2.2 hairs so if they are indeed charging 3K for 1000 hairs, that means you'll likely get under 500 grafts. So make sure you get clarification that they meant grafts instead of hairs. I would personally check out a doctor who has plenty of before and after pics as well as having patients you can talk to directly. It's a big step and UK has not had the best track record for producing great, natural results. Things are changing of course but you still need to research thoroughly to make sure you are comfortable with your choice.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I dont know the clinic but wouldn ´t it be best to shave the lot off and go for the bald look.At 46 no-one is going to take the mick with a shaved head.If you read more on this forum most of the regular guys will most likely advise you not to use a clinic in the U.K..

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I would advise entirely against the clinic you've named; I've never heard of them but THAT'S saying something, in that there's only a handful of clinics worth their salt (IMO) and the vast majority are hacks. And ya, a bad ht is much worse than just shaving it off.

I went to Hasson and Wong -you can check out my web log on the patient section- , and I'm very happy w/my result so far. Your best bet is to: 1- research on this site and others, and find some clinics you feel do great work, then send them your photos and have a consultation w/them; 2- post some pics on here so we can see what your dealing w/and what exactly this "poor donor" is you have.

Honestly, at 46 being a NW 5- 6 isn't necessarily THE worst place to be in. I think strip would be a *much* better option, in that you can get exponentially more grafts in a single session and at a much better bargain. The amount of grafts you could safely get in a single FUE procedure won't put a dent in your loss. All the best, and let us know.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Desperado wrote:
It is worrying that this forum gives UK HT clinics a blanket bad press with a few exceptions. As a newbie to this, what could I live to regret if I go for the offer? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Deperado

I think you will find that this forum does NOT give UK hair clinics a blanket bad press,the members may state their opinions and post their own personal experiences etc.At the end of the day results speak for themselves.

Nothing stopping patients from any clinic posting their results here and giving credit to their chosen doctor.

I`ve never heard of the above doctor,if i were you and you are seriously considering this clinic ask to meet former patients.I would like to say though,that imo the proposed amount of grafts they offer you will not have much impact due to the level of hairloss you describe.

Keep researching.

Have you some pictures you can post.

bm.

K

khair

north country boy wrote:
Hi desperado, never heard of this doc, no before and after pics from this company, personally i would stay well clear, lots of good docs on this forum, take your time and make the right decision, post some pics of your current position, a bad ht is worse then a bald head IMO regards NCB
I agree with what ncb is saying. A bad hair transplant is worse than being bald.

If you are bald, I think people are going to look at you but it won't be out of the ordinary because a lot of men lose their hair. If you have a bad hair transplant, however, you are going to get a lot more looks from people because it is going to stand out in a bad way. You are going to get a lot of unwanted, negative attention.

I would take my time to find a good hair transplant doctor.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
zionaxel wrote:
I dont know the clinic but wouldn ´t it be best to shave the lot off and go for the bald look.At 46 no-one is going to take the mick with a shaved head.If you read more on this forum most of the regular guys will most likely advise you not to use a clinic in the U.K..
isn't Dr Rogers supposed to be quite good?

;)

C

cathyv

A bad hair transplant is worse then being bold.Take your time and make right decision Becareful of clinics.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
cathyv wrote:
A bad hair transplant is worse then being bold.Take your time and make right decision Becareful of clinics.
can i take it that you don't reckon Dr Rogers then? that's a shame as from what i can tell he's the only bloke in the country worth even considering!

why is it that we haven't got this expertise yet in the UK?....we've got everything else here in abundance!

;)

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I would suggest against UK docs, I've had bad experiences from them. Go to BHR if you are after FUE, I'm 5 weeks post op which obviously means that no hair has grown through yet, but you cant see where they took the hair from via fue.

Its only 2 hours on the train from London St Pancras to Brussels, then a 10 min taxi ride to the clinic.

N

nogoingbaldwithouthafight

Hi,
I know this post is old, but can you recomend a clinic in Belgum?
I'm from UK, and I really want to undertake a HT, but I can't find a clinic that fills me with confidence.
As you say, Brussels is just a train ride...:)
Thanks a lot
/images/emoticons/th_15-3.gif

N

Hi Sparky,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Did you go to them?
Have you seen anyone with first hand experience?
How does the implant looks once the hair grows..... I really would love to see if it really looks natural.
I've been balding for so long now, that I'll be happy with any improvement, but since it's a lot of money, one will hope to get good results.
Thanks again
[):h::/images/emoticons/th_15-3.gif

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Yes, I've been to them for repair work, and I think they are second to none. I'm going back in April to get my hairline finished off then I'm done.

Yes I have seen someone who has had 7200 fue grafts done and you can't tell that its a Transplant, even going right up close to his head.

N

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
Just out of curiosity, how much do you think will cost 6000 grafts or so?
Just wondering to see if I'll be able to aford it.

thank you very much Z:BZ:BZ:BZ:B ¬b`

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
If you go onto BHR's website, it has thier pricing structure on there. It's different for strip and fue, and it varies on how many you are having done aswell.

N

Thanks a lot Sparky.
I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm planning to go for it on April... if everything goes well.
c;;9c;;9c;;9
Thanks for the info. ¬b`

H

hairtech

i worked in Belgium for Drs. Mwamba and Devroye and know Dr. Bisanga. In my opinion you now have 3 options that you can consider for a good FUE/ and or strip transplant...

I am not a shill... If you ask anyone who knows "hairtech" you will know that I am serious.

IMO try to get consults with each of these Drs... ask them exactly the the same questions to each of them... and then you can decide what may be a right decision 4 u.

I am sure that these guys pretty much think the same.