• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Using Steroids after a Hair Transplant

J

Jasp32

I was wondering whether using steroids 3 years post har transplant will have any negative effect on the transplanted hair? I know in theory it should not, but I would like your opinions.

Arnold6

Arnold6

It's my opinion that Anabolic steroids can cause hair loss in people who are susceptible to it, even transplanted hair may be lost. They raise dihydrotestosterone levels which is one of the main causes of male hair loss. I would think to counter the increase and the effects it causes you would require a counter measure with Finasteride to lower the dihydrotestosterone. My namesake was rumored to be a big user of Anabolic steroids but has retained a full head of hair.

J

Jasp32

Yes Arnie has a full head of hair to this day. I was hoping to avoid Finasteride with its DHT reducing capabilities, but I may have to give it a shot with a reduced dosage of half milligram daily. Are you training by any chance?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They does raise testosterone levels so you could potentially lose some hair. Probably best to co tact the clinic who did your transplant for their guidance.