• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Very worried

T

Telos

My husband got a hair transplant 8 days ago there is heavy scabbing, and large dark spots that may be necrosis. The doctor is unsure and said he’s never had this complication. We don’t know what to do. Has anyone had necrosis and had the hair love? Has anyone seen this much scabbing and had it turn out okay?

608337B5-D019-42B7-87D3-C835E90D103E.jpeg

N

Norwood

Valued member
Hi @Telos,

You really need to get him to see another doctor in person to get it out checked asap.

Scabbing is usual but this does look like an infection, has the dr who carried out the surgery provided any support?

P

postdoc

Valued member
I understand your concern. Are you able to tell us where the work was done and who the surgeon was? An immediate post-op photo would help to judge the quality of the work and how closely packed the grafts are. Is your husband on any medication that might affect clotting or healing? Usually, implanted grafts develop individual scabs rather than becoming more confluent as in the photo and will then come away during the first week. I would suggest getting your husband to see a GP in the first instance to check for infection. Let us know how things go.

Last edited:
R

Rosemary21

You should go to GP / Dermatologist immediately it seems infections ... didnt give you any medication after hair transplantation it shouldnt be like that!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A few more pictures showing immediate post op would be helpful. Also, a close up picture of the dark coloured scabs. It’s possible it’s just dried blood under the scabs. Did he spray his head often after surgery? Did his scalp have much fibrin leak out?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
You need to see someone who knows about would cleaning asap.
It may or may not be necrosis. But if it is necrosis it has to be treated asap.

This is not how the implant area should look like at this point after a HT.

I am sure you dr is not too far away from you I hope.