• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

What styling products do Hairloss sufferers and HT patients use?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I was doing the weekly shop at the local supermarket this weekend and picked up some wet look gel for my little boy as he had a school party to go to...it got me thinking about styling products and hair loss. What products and brands do HT patients and thinning guys use and prefer using to optimize the look of their hair?
I only use hairspray now an again but there are lots of different products and brands on the market.....i.e Gels, Fixing sprays, Mouses, thickening products, Putty....the list goes on.

What are peoples favourites?

C

Coopman

Valued member
DAX wave and groom hair wax. This is really tough hair wax and is great for holding into position and with dark hair it gives a good dense stylish look. No girl is going to want to rub her hands through your hair though.
This is a dry wax and is only suitable if your hair is generally less than 50mm long.
Works well with concealors providing you are not too greedy.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

I know you said it is a dry wax but does this Dax stuff leave your hair looking greasy Coopman please.

C

Coopman

Valued member
In respect of looking greasy, i suppose it depends on how much hair you have. It is an extremely stiff wax, its hard to rub off your hands once you have styled your hair. Its not like other wax products that are like putty and make your hair look wet and greasy.
It will leave your hair dry after its been applied and stiff. The product is in a red tin and can be brought from most Supermarkets in the UK and Boots.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Thanks Coopman, i will buy some in town today and give it a try.

salvar

salvar

Valued member
Use a matt paste, I prefer Label M (from Tony and guy) is a bit expensive but works really well, competition for me, this is my styling product of choice , its worth the price tag.

J

Jessop

Valued member
I use cheap Scharzkopf thickening mousse and when it dries overnight I use Batiste dry shampoo. Makes my hair seem a bit thicker and not blow away when I walk. I have longish hair, over my ears and fringe to my eyebrows.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks guys....jessop does this dry shampoo add density a bit like fibres or not as good?

J

Jessop

Valued member
I think combined with the mousse it makes my hair seem a bit thicker, bullitnut but maybe it wouldn't work on shorter neat hair.
I've only wore toppik once so can't really compare but I think fibres would be better.