If you are 100% sure you are going ahead theres no harm in looking at flights now as you will get a better deal.I cant see the exchange rate changing much to make a significant saving to offset against booking a flight later and paying more.
You can do some price checking for now on flights but wait until you get a firm surgery date first unless you plan on staying a week or more. The price for return flights should be around 400 - 500 pounds. We won't know about Dr. Ron's surgery schedule until late summer. Sorry.
Hi Masher, Hope you are well! - You will get a better deal booking in advance and combining flights with your accommodation. Wait though till booking this all up as Janna mentioned - get a confirmed date from SMG.
Hi Spex, I'm good thanks and you? Yeah the war chest is building nicely but the killer is squeezing in that damn downtime. Trying hard to get 3 weeks off in the winter but that's easier said than done. Anyway good to see you on here and hope to catch up with you soon. Cheers Peachy :::C
Hey Peachy, I took 3 weeks for my SMG ht just to be on the safe side. I did let my hair grow very long (for me) which was a good move. That said, next time I don't think I'd need 3 weeks - just over 2 weeks would be ok (say 12 working days off). Combine it with a public holiday etc and grow your hair a bit to help and use some concealer if required. Baldspot
Thanks Baldspot, I've been watching your progress with interest. Good to know your strategy worked out for you and you got back to work with no one being the wiser. I plan to grow my hair so that should sort the donor, but not so much of an option on top for me though....groan! Have you started to shed yet? Cheers Peachy