• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Who thought they needed a 2nd HT??

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Any guys out there who thought they would need a 2nd HT at around the 8 month mark and then by 12 months the results had improved a lot that you realised you didn’t??

im just trying to get an idea of how much a HT can improve over them last 4 months

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve seen quite a few transplants that have improved a lot past the 8 month mark. Some hairs are late to mature meaning that the hairs that have sprouted through the scalp already are taking longer to thicken, etc. When this maturation happens it can be mistaken for new growth but these hairs were there already, just too thin or transparent to make much of a cosmetic difference.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
That’s good to know Bigmac. Last night I was messing around styling my hair and put some VO5 mouse in it, because I’m blonde it obviously made it darker and made my hair look thicker. I think I’m over thinking things and probably worrying about nothing. I keep trying to look at the new hair against the old hairs to see what they will look like once matured

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It can be worrying when you’re wanting to see more growth. With the mousse it has probably highlighted the thinner hairs that are hard to see.
It can happen where optimal growth is not achieved and a second pass is required. Unfortunately, only time will tell. If this does happen it’s important that the clinic stand by their work and ethics to help resolve it.